Thursday, June 20, 2013

"Rosie" Grocery Bag

Hello everyone! Tammy Roberts here today bringing you a cute little favor or gift bag whom I am calling Rosie... yes, I had to name her. 

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Rosie Grocery Bag

If you have seen most of my projects here on the blog you know by now that I am a HUGE fan of roses and this project is no exception. I have used the Grocery Bag die and it is the perfect size for favor bags!


From patterned paper you will need to die cut the following: one border strip from the Borders and Hydrangeas die, the medallion from the Sweet Day Thinlits set, the medium flower (from felt) from the Fringed Flower die and the handles from the Grocery Bag die. I have machine stitched and inked each piece in the photo above.


The bag is super quick and easy to assemble... just cut, score, fold and adhere.


The assembled bag will look like this (I machine stitched the front before adhering the bag together. I feel like there is something missing if I don't do some sort of stitching.


Adhere the handles to the inside of bag, adhere the border to the top edge of the bag and then adhere a resin heart to the top of the border adding a word sticker in the middle of the heart (Tim Holtz Chit Chat sticker). Tie a piece of jute string on the left side of handle.



Adhere the bottom portion of the medallion to the backside of the scalloped circle (top portion), adhere some pop-dots on the back side of the scalloped circle and adhere just below the top border. Adhere some lace or I have used an old vintage yo yo in the middle of the scalloped circle. Next, adhere the felt fringed flower followed by a wooden heart.


Adhere some more word stickers in the right lower corner of the bag... "a little something".

That is it! Told you, super easy!


http://paperiesweetness.blogspot.com/

die cutting supplies





You will find 1000s of great ideas and tutorials in our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com. You won't believe all of the inspiration we have waiting for you there!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. OMG!
    I want that die .... but I'll have to wait until it goes on sale :-/

    Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I pinned it. http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601390654/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly stunning!!! Would love to know what paper line you used for this project, it is sooooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astrid Maclean.... the paper line is from Prima the Romantique collection (hard to come by as it is an older collection).

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Tammy Roberts, I'm going on a hunt!!

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures! It's so hard to decide but I'll put my hat in for the cvce game! that look more summery, that envy! lol!these divine!!besotee enormeee one ^ ^
    cheap aion money
    WOW Gold
    runescape gold

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...