Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Felt Flower Tutorial

Hello, Friends!
Today I have a fabulous idea to share with you...cutting wool felt with Framelits! Imagine all that you can do with wool felt and just a few shapes!

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Felt Flower Pin by Anna Wight

My friend Anna Wight gave me this pin and I instantly knew I had to share it with you!

In Anna's words, here's the tutorial....

die cutting

I used Sizzix framelits dies to cut the flowers and leaves out of wool felt. Once cut, the layers were sewn together with needle and thread, which also holds the vintage mother of pearl button in place.

I pinned the finished flower (I sewed a lapel pin on the backside) to a tag I cut using a Sizzix Bigz tag die. The tag is a piece of printed paper adhered to thin chipboard for added support. The sentiment banner and flowers were cut using Banners #2 Framelits by Sizzix.

PS: The little grey "flecks" you don't actually show up as grey on the flower. They're little bitty silver glitter pieces that give the entire flower and tag a pretty shimmer and shine. If I use this glitter on projects, I usually spray them AFTER they've been photographed, because the glitter always shows up in photos as grey. But, this time I forgot to wait to spray the flower until after the photos were taken. In real life, it's just sparkly. *grin*

I love my pin, thanks so much, Anna!

Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Stephanie


die cutting supplies


Stamps: tinytitles2stamp by The Stamps of Life
Ink: Stephanie Barnard Colorbox "Grape"
Other: Wool Felt, Vintage button, Coats Button thread, Silver Craft Glitter Spray
Paper: Chipboard, Pattern paper scraps (source unknown)

We love how easy it is to create fabulous and unique die cutting projects by using products designed to work together. To see more ideas using Stephanie's line of products, be sure to visit the Stephanie Barnard project gallery on Sizzix.com!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What is the sandwich that you used for cutting wool felt with the framelits? I have not had much luck cutting, unless I use a Bigz or original die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! I'd also like to know the sandwich recipe please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making flowers with my Sizzix! Esp tattered florals! Have to try framelits, do they work with cotton fabric?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...