Monday, June 3, 2013

Father's Day Gift Bag

Hello everyone!  It is Lecia here with you today with a great idea for Father's Day.

Are you ready for Father's Day? It is just around the corner. It will come faster than you know it! So I thought I would help you prepare a fun bag to put your goodies into!

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Father's Day Gift Bag by Leica Forrest

Start off by cutting out a few gears out of cardboard. Any kind of cardboard will work.

die cutting

Next let's "distress and alter" our cardboard. I use the Art Anthology Colorations Spray.


When I am spraying the gears I lined them up so I sprayed them on top of the gift bag I am altering. That way I use the gears as masks.


Then for some of the gears, I painted them with the Art Anthology Gelate. This makes them a little more textured and sparkly.


Then grab a larger size of cardboard. (approx 5x8ish) Peel some of the top layer off, this will reveal the corrugated look.


Then start inking areas. I always grab Clearsnap Ink in Dark Brown, love it!


Now adhere this cardboard to the bag. I use the E-Z Runner by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.


Now adhere the gears.


Cut out a tag for the front. I used Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock and then sanded the edges to reveal the Core colour. I like the look of it.


Thanks for checking out this gift bag! I think you will be well prepared now!

Leica Forrest
http://www.10-4livingoutloud.typepad.com


die cutting supplies



Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock
Art Anthology Gelate
Art Anthology Colorations Spray
Clearsnap Ink
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L- E-Z Runner

Nothing says "I Love You" more than a handmade gift! Visit our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com for more Father's Day project ideas that are sure to put a smile on your Dad's face this Father's Day!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Leica: Very nice tutorial! I love how you colored the gears and also used the opportunity to add design to the paper under the gears. Very clever. I like the artsy-ness of the bag. I'm not sure if I could give it away even to dear old Daddy...well unless he swears to frame it! Thanks so much for writing a very good tut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So hard coming up with manly stuff. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Leica! The gears are very cool.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...