Saturday, June 22, 2013

Delicate Layers Scrapbook Page

Hi everyone, Mou here with today's post.

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Delicate Layers by Mou Saha

I created this layout with a lot of delicate diecuts, one layer at a time.


Using the Doily Thinlits die and the Big Shot machine with Multiprpose Platform, I diecut a few doilies out of white cardstock.


I lay the cardstock doilies around on my layout background and using the doilies as stencils, I spray misted the background with watercolor.


I saved the diecut doilies to use later on the layout.


To create my layers, I diecut more pieces from white cardstock using Thinlits dies Damask # 2, Die Set 2 Pk Doliy And Doily Border # 2, Die Set 5 Pk This & That Charming, and Decorative Strip Alphabet Die Stenciled.


I attached the Decorative Strip Alphabet Die Stenciled along the right edge of the misted background and then added the Damask # 2 diecut. One word of caution would be to be patient while removing the diecut from the diecut to keep the intricate delicate design intact.


I splattered gold paint on the page and let it dry. Before adding another diecut, I layered a piece of vellum in between. The vellum softened the details of the design from the previous layer which could otherwise have become overwhelming. Then I added one of the Doily Thinlits diecut which I had used as a stencil earlier. The color on the diecut from the misting also helps to separate the layers visually and break up the stark white from the previous layer. I added the doily diecut from Doliy And Doily Border # 2, and then a smaller piece of vellum on top before adding my photo.


I added bits and pieces from the This & That Charming set to create spaces for some simple journaling.


Here's a close-up of the cluster of layers with completed journaling.
Hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and would bring out your beautiful Thinlits dies and play!

Mou
http://collagecollagecollage.blogspot.com/

sizzix die cutting supplies



Cardstock, paint, paintbrush, pen, adhesive


Are you a scrapbooker looking for more ways to incorporate die cutting into your pages? Our project gallery at Sizzix.com can help! We have over 200 scrapbook pages with instructions to help give you the creative jumpstart you need!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. SO lovely.. so soft ..Loved all the delicate die cuts n doilies and their wonderful layering !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous photos. The plate is really beautiful, and I love all the architecture! I'm with you.

    buy aion gold
    WOW Gold
    Gold On Runescape

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...