Friday, June 28, 2013

A Video Tutorial with the Versatile Seed Packet Die

Hello Sizzix fans!  Vivian here today to share with you a mixed media project using some of my favorite Sizzix dies - Bigz dies!

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Mixed Media Seed Packet by Vivian Keh

This "Seed Packet" Die designed by Eileen Hull has so many uses - of course for the many seeds we gardening enthusiasts like to harvest and gift, but also for pockets in layouts and mini-albums, and as envelopes to hold small notes or pictures for folks we love.  Because it's a Bigz, it will cut cleanly through a wide variety of materials.  And because of its versatile shape and use, it will suit all crafting styles, from Clean and Simple to Grunge.

Today, I have a project that shares my deep love of mixed media and grunge.  Here's a shot of the back.

die cutting

To embellish, I used a few mediums, which I show in detail in my video tutorial.  And for my focal image, I used this beautiful new "Mariposa" die, (also a Bigz!) that is cobranded with Prima.

There is a video tutorial to accompany this project, too.



Hope you enjoy my tutorial!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.



die cutting supplies


paper: Strathmore - watercolor paper
stamps: Hampton Art/ 7 Gypsies - IC0221 "Nature's Kingdom" Cling Stamp Set
paint: Claudine Hellmuth - Charcoal Black Acrylic Paint; Jacquard - Metallic Olive Green Lumiere Paint; Liquitex - Gesso
embossing powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang - Bayou Boogie Gold Mist
mists: Clearsnap - Wineberry SMOOCH Spritz
ink: Tim Holtz - Distress Ink, Distress Marker
embellishments: Bo Bunny - Pearls; Me & My Big Ideas - Gems
other: Rubbing Alcohol


You will find 1000s of great ideas and tutorials in our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com. You won't believe all of the inspiration we have waiting for you there!
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Vivian, this art piece is gorgeous!!! I love it! Thank you for sharing making the envelope as a mini canvas, using it in mini albums is a great idea! These could be made up into a mini book, great for art on the go. I am thrilled that the Prima dies are bigz dies, for me bigz dies are the best, sizzlets dies just don't do as much as I want. The seed envelope die is going on my wish list, the prima dies are already there.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacquelene I can't wait to see what you do with these spectacular tools!

      Delete
  2. Oh Vivian! This is lovely. Every project you post is a work of art, but I think this one just might be my favorite so far. Of course, I think that about all your pieces. Both of those dies are going on my shopping list. You are a great spokesperson for Sizzix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, holly! my love for sizzix runs deep!

      Delete
  3. Vivian- WOW! This seed packet project is amazing! You totally rocked it- love all the techniques, especially the circles with alcohol... Thanks for explaining how versatile this die is and yes Bigz are my faves also- you can cut so much with them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, eileen! all your garden themed dies are so up my alley! thank you for this spectacular collection!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Vivian for the video tutorial. I love watching how everything comes together, and you are an exellent teacher. Your seed packet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, cheryl! your support means a lot.

      Delete
  5. Great idea with the alcohol resist with acrylic! Yes, these pockets would be terrific to add to scrapbook pages ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, laurel! this die-cut is uber versatile!

      Delete
  6. Ooo Viv! Great fun watching this well done video. After your previous video, I ran and got a set of gelatos. They are so cool! Alcohol resist? Ready to try. Hope you can use with any acrylic paints???? Tks, Vivian.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...