Friday, May 24, 2013

Rose Charm Bracelet

Hey fellow Sizzix lovers!  It is Johnnie here to share with you how to make this dainty washi tape rose charm bracelet.  Incorporating beads and fibers from flea market finds gives the piece a vintage feel that you will find irresistible.

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Rose Charm Bracelet by Johnnie Lanier

With the huge variety of washi tape prints and colors, you have endless options for your rose charms.  You can even use duck tape.  The roses will be slightly larger since it is thicker than washi tape.


Apply tape to both sides of foil sheet.

die cutting

Die cut small rose shape using Sizzix 3-D Flowers Bigz Die from the tape covered foil.  I can't even tell you how many projects I have done with this particular die.  It is my most used!


As you can see, I made die cuts using several different washi tape prints.  For this bracelet, I used the pale yellow floral print roses.  I made cute earrings with some of the others, which you can see in my Washi Tape Rosette Earrings post.


Roll spiral into rose using bamboo skewer.  I showed you a video demonstrating this part in this Decorative Paper Rose Sphere post.  Place a dab of glue on the inner center flower and hold in place until it grabs, holding coiled shape.  
Seal with your favorite sealer.  I dipped min in polymer medium.  Mod Podge would work great too.  


Once your sealed roses dry, it is time to connect a wire to them for adding them onto the bracelet.  Cut 4-5 inch 20 gauge wire and coil end to create surface for glueing to the back of the rose (begin coil with round nose pliers and finish with your fingers).


Bend wire to 90 degrees as shown, just a couple of millimeters above the edge of the rose.


Form a loop as shown, using round nose pliers, string onto bracelet length chain, then wrap leftover tail around stem between loop and coil on back of rose to secure.  Trim off any leftover wire with flush cutters.


Add coordinating beads and charms as desired.  Fibers are a nice touch too!  Add a toggle clasp to finish.



Thanks for joining me today!

die cutting supplies



hardware: Gunmetal Chain 7-8 inches; Toggle Clasp; 20 Gauge vintaj wire
tools: round nose pliers; flat nose pliers; wire cutter
surfaces: foil sheets; washi tape
adhesive: e6000 or other craft glue
misc: fibers (optional); assorted beads/charms

You will find 1000s of great ideas and tutorials in our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com. You won't believe all of the inspiration we have waiting for you there!
Pin It!

28 comments:

  1. Love the vintage look of this - so much fun!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the tiny flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bracelet is so pretty. I love the soft, feminine rose shape and the fun, whimsical colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning bracelet Johnnie! Love the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! Those Roses are so delicate and pretty! I'm going to have to get that die!!
    Karen
    P.S. Thanks for recommending that I get a Big Shot, I am loving that machine and am having so much fun playing with it! You got me hooked with your gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I am so excited that you got a Big Shot!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love this! But what is the foil sheet? Is that a Sizzix product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foil sheets are just sheets of foil! The purpose of the foil is to support the washi tape and help hold the shape of the flowers. You can use aluminum foil, or any craft foil. I know Ranger has foil that is adhesive. That would be fine too (just stick the adhesive side of the tape onto the adhesive side of the foil). You can also buy foil tape at the hardware store. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. Amazing project! Now I want to make one! Perfect tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. waw this looks gorgeous. I have the die, would love to try it out, but don't know what is foil sheet??? hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mojca. Foil sheets are just sheets of foil! The purpose of the foil is to support the washi tape and help hold the shape of the flowers. You can use aluminum foil, or any craft foil. I know Ranger has foil that is adhesive. That would be fine too (just stick the adhesive side of the tape onto the adhesive side of the foil). You can also buy foil tape at the hardware store. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. Johnnie, you are my jewelry-making idol! ALWAYS amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this bracelet, johnnie! this is one of my favorite Sizzix dies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful!
    thank you for sharing.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does anyone know what the "foil sheet" is?
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foil sheets are just sheets of foil! The purpose of the foil is to support the washi tape and help hold the shape of the flowers. You can use aluminum foil, or any craft foil. I know Ranger has foil that is adhesive. That would be fine too (just stick the adhesive side of the tape onto the adhesive side of the foil). You can also buy foil tape at the hardware store. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  13. WOW! What a delicious project. Hope I can make it!...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so neat!! Thanks for the techniques and links to your other tutes. Can you share what adhesive you use to attach the coiled wire to the back of the flower? I have a difficult time finding the right adhesive for metal to paper or fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Whyte! I used E6000 adhesive. Great question.

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous Johnnie! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what cool techniques, resulting in such a pretty bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome bracelet! It looks like it's easy and fun to make too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All those little details, wow!! I love the way you added splashes of color. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please can you tell me what width washi tape you used and where I can get it..I am in the UK ?...Many thanks..xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...