Since this is a graduation, card I wanted the year to be the main focus. I also knew I wanted to use my Ornate Labels Framelits. I also used the school colors.
I decided to use my eclips and starter cartridge to die-cut the year 2013. One thing I really like about the eclips is the ability to change the size of the letters and images. I began with numbers that were about 1.25" tall. Once I placed them inside the die shape I realized I actually wanted them larger.
So, I changed the size to 2 inches and had just the size I wanted.
Next, I cut one of the Ornate Frames from gray cardstock. I wanted to add a small border to the design. Fortunately, the way the Framelits are designed it's really simple to add to the available sizes with just a pencil and pair of scissors. The die cuts on the inside so if I want a shape that is a bit larger than what comes in the set I simply trace around the outside and cut it out by hand.
This is what the die-cut shape looks like when layered with the hand-cut shape.
Once the label was layered together I added the numbers. I always make a mess with glue and look for ways to use dry adhesives on most of my projects. For the numbers I placed them face down on scrap paper and went over them with my EZ Dots from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™. By using the tiny dots when I peeled it off the excess was left on the scrap paper.
I placed all of this on a gray base and a panel that I embossed with the Ornate Frames Set 2 embossing folder. This folder is a perfect match for the Ornate Labels dies and added the perfect accent to clean and simple cards.
For the inside of the card I used the congratulations sentiment and shadow from the eclips starter cartridge.
Again, not working well with glue, I incorporated dry adhesive. Before I started I placed a piece of double sided adhesive paper, also from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™, face down on the back of the cardstock I would be cutting from. I placed the cardstock on the mat with the adhesive sheet between the cardstock and the mat. When I went to cut I made sure my blade was positioned over the area that had the adhesive sheet attached.
When I removed the sentiment the back still had the adhesive and backing on it. All I had to do was peel the backing off and it was ready to attach to the shadow die-cut.
Put it all together, add some gems, outline with a glitter pen and it's done!