Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pop 'n Cuts Floating Floor Birthday Card with Guest Designer Kelly Booth

Hi I’m Kelly Booth and I’m so excited to be a guest designer on the Sizzix blog today. I have a super fun card to share with you using Karen Burniston's Label Pop N Cut with a Floating Floor.


I'm a huge Fan of All of these dies Designed by Karen Burniston. Action Cards have always been my thing, I just think it adds more Fun to an everyday Card.


The First Thing I do When Making a Pop N Cut I Get all my Pieces Cut. I started this card by Cutting all my Kraft main card Pieces. One Card Base with no insert, One Card Base with the Label Pop n Cut Insert and the Floating floor from Karen's Template HERE. I printed it out on some label paper and use it over and over again.


Then I Lay them all out and add some Mr. Huey's Color Mists Opaque White for a Speckled Background. The Way I do this is to lay the paper out and take the whole lid off and hit it over my paper to fling it. Easy Peasy....


I then lay my Floating Floor Template over my Cut Floating Floor and Score the Fold's on my Martha Stewart Score Board Like this.


Then I proceed to get all the other pieces cut.

die cutting

For the Inside I cut the label Pop N cut by itself on a piece of Pool Card Stock and a Small Circle from a White piece of Card Stock. Like This..... It is a Good idea to go ahead and attach the pool colored label to the card before you attach the floating floor since it is sunk down where the adhesive will be.


Then for the outside I cut A Larger Framelit Circle from White and a Black Scalloped Framelit to go behind it and Two Flagpoles from the Sizzlit Flagpole with Lantern Die. Like This.....


I took some Ranger Distress Paints and Almost Like Dry Swiped the White Circle From the Bottom up with Mainly Broken China but added a little mowed lawn as well. 

At this Time I go ahead and get my Stamping Done I used Paper Smooches Alligator from the Zoo Crew Set Colored him with some Inktense Pencils and Added a Dot of Black enamel accents to his eye. I stamped the 29 Again from Paper Smooches Hullabaloo on the Large Circle in the White area and Cut a Piece of Pool Card Stock for the Very Bottom of the Card Front and Stamped it With a Hero Arts Birthday Background in Black , The Small circle for the inside was stamped using Paper Smooches Happy Birthday from the Hullabaloo set. 

Now it is time to put the card together and I like to get my Card Put together and finish the inside first.


I first Put adhesive on the Inside and outside and adhere them together, I like to use a strong adhesive or score tape as these get handled a lot.

Then I do the floating floor.

I cut two Slits for my Flagpoles to go through and put score tape on all tabs like this:


I put the flag poles together like this:


I put the flagpoles through the slits in the floating floor and fold a bottom foot forward underneath and add score tape to that foot.


I then take the backing off the tabs and start from the back to the front to adhere the floating floor to the card base.

Here is a side view of how the flagpoles look when adhered.


I make a little banner with some Washi tape and Twine like this:

I put a little glossy accents below the ball of the flagpole and wrap the sides of the twine around it to secure.

Here is my Finished Front:

and the finished inside:

Pretty Simple and FUN Huh?

Thank You so much to Sizzix for Having me, I Love your Dies!

Kelly

die cutting supplies



paper: Neenah Desert Storm Card Stock; Papertrey Ink Black and White Card Stock; Hero Arts Pool Layering Papers
paint: Tim Holtz Distress Paint- Mowed Lawn and Broken China 
mists: Mr. Hueys Color Mists- Opaque White
stamps: Paper Smooches Hullabaloo Set and Zoo Crew; Hero Arts S5027 Design Block Birthday
misc.:  Ranger Glossy Accents and Inksentials Enamel Accents Black; Inktense Pencils
embellishments: assorted Washi Tape and Kiwi Twine from the Twinery
adhesive: Sookwang Score Tape

Ready for more inspiration featuring the Pop 'n Cuts card designs? The Sizzix.com die cutting project gallery has you covered! We have over 90 projects featuring Karen's interactive card dies that are sure to inspire you!
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Your PnC cards are always mini masterpieces! I love the details you added, especially the washi tape banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this is so awesome! Love the kraft with the pop of color and the floating frame is so cool! You did an awesome job my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Washi Tape flags! Brilliant! Love the way they hang from the flagpoles and your awesome coloring and your awesomeness - thanks for "guesting" with my dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly! This is beautiful. Love the colors and that banner is perfect! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, You've showcased the dies beautifully! Love your adorable card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super duper fun and thanks so much for the tutorial, Kelly! love love your work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore kellys cards, please make her a permanent addition :-)

    CaZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOw ! I loved this interactive card !Floating floor technique is my favorite too !Thanks for sharing the steps !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute Kelly! Love the banner you created with those clever flags.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...