Monday, May 6, 2013

Pillow Flower Fun

Hi Everyone!

It's Leica Forrest here. This is my first post with Sizzix and I am SOOOO excited to be on this fabulous team! I was pretty excited when Tammy asked me.

I created a pillow!



It was so super easy to because the Sizzix dies cut through burlap very smoothly. I virtually had no fraying. I used one of my most favourite dies "Tattered Florals".



I cut quite a few of these flowers. (approx. 5-6/ flower) I also cut some of the small flowers for the centers.

die cutting

Have a needle and thread ready. Then fold each one in half, stitch a few stitches to hold it.



Fold in half again, repeat stitching.

Sew 4 of these triangle pieces. Then start sewing them onto one large flower.



Then sew a small flower in the center. Your flower should start being quite dimensional and puffy.

 

Finish the flower off with a button sewn in the middle. I used the "Dear Lizzy" line by American Crafts.



You can create some with buttons, some without. The ones without buttons I made a little fuller by adding smaller flowers and sewing them in the same way.



Or you can even have some flat ones. Here I sewed 2 flat on top of each other with one smaller flower as the center.



They all look neat when they are finished.


I sprayed the background of my pillow with 2 different colors from Art Anthology to match the other pillows on our couch. Then I sewed the flowers I made in a grouping.


Thanks for joining me today! Challenge yourself to use the Sizzix dies for something other than paper. You will be pretty happy with the results.

Leica
my blog: Living out loud


die cutting supplies



Let your personality shine through by filling your home with decor elements that are as unique as you are!  For more ideas of ways to create unique decor, check out the Home Decor projects in the die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com.   
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful textured flowers! Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you on here friend........beautiful pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers and pillow Leica!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...