Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Picket Fence coming soon...

Hi everyone- Eileen here...

FINALLY! My new Picket Fence collection is shipping any day to your local scrapbook stores! It's so hard to wait sometimes... This collection was released at CHA in January and is coming to you just in time for the gardening and gift giving seasons. Each die is designed to be used in several different ways for added value. When I buy a die, I want options- don't you?

Here's a look...
Canning Jars are all the rage! This die is such a great value because it comes with both size jars- quart and pint- and even has a well in the middle so you can use it to hold something. See the coordinating Textured Impression folder set below, Jar Labels, that embosses the quilted jelly jar pattern onto the jars. Use clear die packaging to die cut the jar and emboss it, then rub with turquoise Staz-On- so pretty! Oh this is a fun one! You need it.


The embossed labels make great accessories for the jars and also coordinate with other base dies in this set.
The Garden Gate Album is one of my favorites! This can be cut from matboard to make a cute little mini OR cut from cardstock to make cards. If you accordian fold paper and position the folds inside the die cut lines, you can create borders, banners and a fence repeat to set around little houses or to set a pretty party table.
The Birdhouse die is so quick and easy to assemble. Adhere text pages to matboard with spray adhesive and then die cut. You will come out with an adorable vintage birdhouse. Add buttons, bling and the trim to outside of the house. If you secure one side of the roof, the other side may be left open to tuck in treats or candy or small favors. Wouldn't small flower bulbs make cute favors?
The Windowbox die is another favorite. Assembly is super quick. This would be great with a photo behind the window and little paper flowers growing in the Windowbox. Add an ivy vine (see below) and you are all set! You can also use the separate Window piece and cut two for album covers. Perfect to hold graduation memories or as Father's Day mini- albums too... 

The Decorative Ivy Strip can also be used in many ways- great for layouts, on cards and to embellish boxes and books. I cut a bunch to keep on hand. You can trim off what you need according to the size of the project. 

The Watering Can XL ScoreBoards is another 3D die that can be painted, inked, texturized or stained to replicate the look of old metal. Add wax seals, old broaches, or flowers to embellish. Paper flowers look great inside this box. You can also die-cut from paper, cut apart and use on the front of a card. 
The Garden Tools Sizzlits are the perfect size to add to cards. Beth Reames from the Sizzix art department did an amazing job of using different inks, powders and metallics to mimic the look of vintage tools with wooden handles. Great little accessories!
This 3D flower is named Trinity's Flower after my 6 year old granddaughter. And you should see her go to town making these! Use fabric, paper, felt, recycled brown kraft packing paper, tissue paper, crepe paper and coffee filters to make a 3D flower bouquet. I like to glue a pearl bead to the center. The pieces from this die may be layered and combined with my other 3D flowers to make unique new creations.
The Leaves, Bouquet Bigz die is a must have in your stash. If you like to make flowers, you need some green leaves for balance. These are a good size to use for cards or to tuck behind flowers for interest.
Wouldn't the Bloom & Plant Markers work great as cupcake toppers? Don't be afraid to think outside the box when coming up with uses for these dies. I can see them cut from clear plastic packaging and inked with Staz-On with the name of each child invited to a birthday party. Or as actual plant markers cut from thin wood veneer or balsa, then stamped and sealed. Or to label different cheeses at a party.... "Bloom" fits perfectly on the front of the Garden Gate Album and on the Windowbox die. 
The sweet little Clay Pot also contains a well to hold fun surprises and pretty flowers. Or cut from paper and add to the front of a card. I experimented with ways to get a terra cotta effect and think I came pretty close. Look for this on my blog- coming soon!
This Basket is a great value too. I call it a mini-ScoreBoard (one that fits on a Bigz die). You can cut it from matboard or chipboard and you have such a cute sturdy little basket to hold candy, small needlework projects and floss, Easter grass and Cadbury eggs, a pair of earrings, etc.


But wait there's more! A coordinating companion Textured Impression folder set embosses Basketweave & Honeycomb (hexagon) patterns (this was all over the National Stationery Show I just got back from!). These designs are great for card backgrounds as well as fun texture on the boxes, books and containers in the collection. 
There is so much you can do with the Seed Packet Bigz L die. My friend Kitty made a really cool album using the Garden Gate Album as a base and added in these Seed Packets as pages. Then another friend Pam lettered some beautiful sayings on them. I'll share this with you on my blog in June- it is so amazing.


Here's the coordinating Rosebud & Seed Packet Textured Impressions folders that may be used to embellish the Seed Packet die.

So that's the official Picket Fence tour- thanks for joining me :-) I'll be posting lots of projects on my blog in June so please stop by... 

If you haven't tried a ScoreBoards die yet, you should! ScoreBoards are quick, easy and unique- they are exclusive to Sizzix- you won't find anything like them anywhere else. 

I love seeing what you all do with my dies... please send pics to EileenHull@aol.com- I'd love to share your great ideas! 

Lastly, I am way behind and just started a Facebook page- I'd be very grateful if you "liked" me there. 

Have a great week, my friends :-)

Eileen


You won't believe all of the fun die cutting projects you can create with the dies in Eileen Hull's collection. For more project ideas and instructions, visit the Eileen Hull project gallery at Sizzix.com!
Pin It!

35 comments:

  1. Eileen, how stinkin cute are these? Looking forward to seeing what you create with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon- glad you like them :-) Samples coming soon...

      Delete
  2. plant markers are just great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Drycha- you can use them in so many ways!

      Delete
  3. SWEET. I can see that cute Bird House with a Garden Gate Mini tucked inside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun, S@ndy! Make sure to let me know if you do it- I would love to see!

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic! I really like the jar, the basket, flowers, plant markers! Ok I admit I like them all! Loving the jar! Nice job. Looking forward to your pojects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them Judy! That jar is one of my faves too...

      Delete
  5. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these!! So Fun I need ALL of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you really do Kelly :-) Thanks for liking them...

      Delete
  6. Your dies are awesome, Eileen! Love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen- your new collection is amazing too.

      Delete
  7. Great collection! I definitely look forward to getting the window box, the birdhouse and the seed packet! The finished projects you shared are good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice they are, looks like a a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne thanks! I sure have had fun with them and hope you all will too... Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  9. Awesome release!!! All of these are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool- so excited to see what you do with them Tiff!

      Delete
  10. I'm expecting to get some of these soon, and totally want more! Great work, Eileen! - Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited to see what you do with them Vivian! Have fun OK? :-)

      Delete
  11. I loved seeing these at CHA and I'm SO excited that they're finally available! You know they're all on my shopping list. :)

    Beth did an incredible job on the samples and I'm so flattered to see she used my Faux Tarnished Metal technique to get the look of metal. If anyone is interested in trying it, you can find the tutorial here: http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com/2011/01/tag-tuesday-fabric-wednesday-stamper.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly- thanks for sharing this great technique. It will work with a lot of these dies to make them cool and vintage-y. Time to get out my powders!

      Delete
  12. Who could pick just one favorite from these dies? They are all so amazing and great for spring and summer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Judy- it's hard to pick a favorite. It's like asking which is your favorite child :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Congrats, Eileen. These are WONDERFUL! I can't wait to get my hands on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Melody and taking the time to comment! Make sure to let me if you make cool stuff with them OK? :-)

      Delete
  14. Terrific group, Eileen! Can't wait to see them in stores! Laurel
    www.NewEnglandPaperCrafts.com
    "The 411 on Paper Crafts in New England"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel- I am thinking I need a trip north :-) Maybe we could work something out...

      Delete
  15. Everything looks so realistic. Amazing! I would love to own every single die here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, make sure to stop by my blog for ideas. I am planning some giveaways in June!

      Delete
  16. I can hardly wait. This is my favorite new collection of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks Beth! That's so nice to hear...

      Delete
  17. Oh boy!!! My wish list just expanded...again! And these are near the very top. Can't someone make a real money tree??

    Great work, Eileen! Can't wait for them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great collection. The jar, the fence, the bird house, I want them all!!!

    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want them all and now....lol. Was wondering when and where can we order online?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...