Sunday, May 26, 2013

May flowers and soft layers

Hi everyone, Mou here with today's Sizzix inspiration!

Sizzix Die Cutting Tutorial: Lovely May Flowers Layout by Mou Saha

I had a great time making this everyday layout about my daughter using layers of the Sizzix diecuts.

die cutting

I began by diecutting one Picture Wheel, one Baroque Ornament, one Garden Lattice Frame, one Antiqua Capital Letter A, and three Flowers on Climbing Vine from white cardstock using the Big Shot machine. I also embossed a piece of white cardstock using Textured Impressions Embossing Folder English Botanical.




I colored the embossed and diecut pieces using Gelato watercolor sticks. I often cut apart my diecuts for better fits or extra layers.


I splattered watercolors on a piece of cream cardstock and attached the colored diecut and embossed pieces in layers along with my photo.


I added a title to my page with tiny alphabet stickers.


I journaled below the photo.


Here's another close up of the layers of colored and plain diecut flowers, frames, and more. Hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and thanks for stopping by!

Cardstock: RecollectionsGelatos (Aqua Dolce, Blueberry, Green Tea, Snow Cone), paint brush, and PITT Artist pen, Black : Faber Castell Design Memory CraftTeeny alpha stickers (Aqua Stripe): Glitz DesignAdhesive and scissors: Scotch 3M

Are you a scrapbooker looking for more ways to incorporate die cutting into your pages? Our project gallery at Sizzix.com can help! We have over 200 scrapbook pages with instructions to help give you the creative jumpstart you need!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mou
    what a pretty page layout the die cuts offer some much texture and layers beautifully done
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout and your daughter is beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this page, Mou! I have a lot of dies that I just use over and over and now I will die cut some papers and use my gelatos on them and create layers just like you! I love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely lovely! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...