I'd love to share with you this banner birthday card I created. I think I make more birthday cards than any other type of card! Here's a fun Rectangle Flip-it Card that is sure to bring a smile to the birthday person! In fact, I gave my brother a similar card this weekend and his response? "Wow, you MADE this?!?!?!" :) Yep, I sure did! ;)
For full instructions, see below. :)
Colorbox Premium Dye Ink Pad by StephanieBarnard in Strawberry, Grape, Licorice, Banana, and Tangerine
Red, white, yellow, purple, and orange cardstock by Bazzill
- Die cut Flip-it Card and fold rectangle Flip-it card die by holding the big side closest to your body, fold the card in half towards you, and then fold top flap away from you
- Emboss 1 white rectangle
- Fold the purple cardstock and stamp the short striped rectangular banner in the Colorbox Premium Dye Ink by Stephanie Barnard in Grape, making sure the fold is near the top of the banner.
- Cut the purple banner out using the long rectangular pennant die
- Fold the orange and yellow cardstock (make two yellow) and stamp in the Colorbox Premium Dye Ink by Stephanie Barnard in Tangerine and Banana, making sure the fold is near the top of the banner.
- Cut the orange and one yellow banner out using the long rectangular pennant die
- Stamp "Happy Birthday" onto 1 of the yellow banners. Cut using the smaller banner die
- For the second white rectangle, stamp the cake base in the Colorbox Premium Dye Ink by Stephanie Barnard in Licorice on the left side
- Stamp the cake onto the top of the cake base using the Colorbox Premium Dye Ink by Stephanie Barnard in Strawberry
- Stamp the celebrate sentiment to the right of the cake using the Colorbox Premium Dye Ink by Stephanie Barnard in grape
- Adhere the stamped cake onto the inside of the rectangle Flip-it card
- Adhere the yellow “Happy Birthday” banner onto the front of the Flip-it card
- Tie a knot at each end of the twine
- Using a thumb tack and the knots at the ends of the twine as a guide, pierce a hole in the top corners of the white embossed cardstock
- Using the brads, affix the twine to the white embossed cardstock
- Adhere the white embossed cardstock to the front of the rectangle Flip-It Card
Make sure you ask for these Sizzix products at your local store!