Wednesday, April 3, 2013

VIDEO: Pop-up 2Torial: Bigz Circle & Ribbon Platform 3D

Hello! Karen here with a video tutorial for how to assemble the Bigz Platform, Circle & Ribbon 3D die. This is a great all-purpose pop-up die for any occasion and goes together quickly.

In the video you'll watch me make the interior of this card.




The tag on the front of the card is my interpretation of the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 April Tag





I used the front tag as the color and style inspiration for my card's interior. I used the smaller bird from the same stamp set with a similar transparency/glitter overlay technique. The edges of my Circle and the background papers are distressed and inked to mimic the edges of the tag. I carried the same paint/ink colors through as well.


Looking for more inspiration for this die? Check out these recent projects from some of my favorite designers/blogs:

Gretchen Schmidt's Owl's it Going? Card: I love how Gretchen created such a fun and whimsical look with the die. The Circle Platform and ribbons add to her adorable little scene and makes the greeting stand out. (Literally!)


Shelly Hickox's Time Machine Birthday Card: Don't see the Circle Platform? That's because Shelly cut it out of a clear material and used it in the center fold of the Accordion Album die to add another layer for floating gears. I love the way the gears seem to defy gravity!


Anna-Karin Evaldsson's Collage Pop-up Card: Anna-Karin used a tall gate-fold card to allow for two Circle Platforms in her spectacular collage card. What a great way to highlight some of the stamped images in her masterpiece!


Kelly Booth's Friendship Flower Card: The flower stamp is so striking in vivid color against a white backdrop. This is one of those dies that looks great with any level of layering and Kelly illustrates that perfectly with this card. 


Another card sample for this die can be found on my blog post HERE

Happy crafting!

Karen






This supply list is for my Bird Celebrate Card from the video:



Patterned Papers - My Mind's Eye
Distress Paints and Inks - Tim Holtz for Ranger
Stamps - "Artful Flight" - Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous
Metal Embellishments- Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz for Advantus

Ready for more inspiration featuring the designs of Karen Burniston?  The Sizzix.com die cutting project gallery has you covered!  We have over 90 projects featuring Karen's dies that are sure to inspire you!
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - I love the way you did the glittery bird! And the post-it idea for lining up areas to cut is brilliant. This die is definitely another must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how all of the cards are so different! Those floating gears blow my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you sharing your tricks and art - thank you!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Karen!! LOVE the birds and the great colours. And you even used a real branch. Thank you for featuring my card too! This die is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Karen. Love your tutorials too. Another die to add to my wish list that NEVER ends...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! Loving the color palette. Thank You for the video tutorial and samples of other cards - these really help to understand how it all goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Love this card! Thank you so much for the video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the video tutorial for assembling the circle ribbon pop up. After seeing Shelly's accordion album card, I knew this die would be added to my wish list. Now after seeing the video I know it will bring my creations to another level. Thank you for sharing your inspiration and creativity and tips and techniques. I learn so much from your videos. Your pop up dies are tops on my list. I am creating a card today using the pop-n-cuts die.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow ... I wish I had an iota of the creativity you have... love your dies and love visiting!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...