Thursday, April 18, 2013

Eclips + Flip-Its = A Baby Card

Hello, Tami Mayberry here with my first post as a Sizzix designer. I am super excited to be here and glad you stopped by today.


For today's project I decided to combine both my regular Sizzix dies and my new eclips machine and cartridges.


I began by die-cutting a gray card base from my Movers and Shapers Circle Flip it Die using my Big Shot die-cutting machine.

die cutting
Next, I cut panels to line the sides of the card. To do this I like to die-cut two pieces of patterned , paper placing the edges on the score lines.

Placing a post-it note in the center helps hold them in place without damage to the paper.


Once cut, this is what the panels look like.

Now, for the eclips addition.

For this card I used the starter cartridge...
One of the great things about using the eclips cartridges is the picture in picture mode. By using the picture in picture feature the image is cut inside of your chosen shape- such as a circle, square, star, oval etc. The shape can also be sized to your needs. Which is perfect for adding a circle design to the circle flip-its die.

Here is an example of a greeting used with a picture in picture circle.


Another feature is the shadow feature. This allows for an outline of the desired image.

I used the picture in picture feature to die-cut a 3.25" circle with a "welcome baby" sentiment shadow to create a panel for the card base.


Next, I cut the sentiment from a lighter blue and adhered it to the center of the opening.


Add the patterned paper panels and all that is left is embellishing.


I added a side border from the Valentine's Day cartridge along the right edge.

For the flip-side I once again used the picture in picture feature to cut a frame within a circle.

Thanks again for stopping by today!

Tami

die cutting supplies




Electronic die cutting with the Sizzix eclips opens a whole new world of creativity.  To see more project ideas and to learn more about electronic die cutting visit the eclips page at Sizzix.com.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. And your first post is beautiful Tami! I love how you combined different die cutting machines to make one seriously sweet baby card. Well done my friend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the cool flip style card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vacation might be your dream. Travel to Bali is not always expensive as there are many international flights providing special rates for early bird booking. There are also many selection of Bali hotels offering special discount rates including Bali villas and budget Bali accommodation

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...