Saturday, April 6, 2013

Be Brave Home Decor Board

Hi everyone, Aida here and I can't tell you how completely thrilled I am to be on the Sizzix Team ! I've been working with Sizzix products for the last four years and over that time, much of my style has changed. To me it's fascinating being able to create layered work with die cut chipboards and having a daughter who is a rocker chick playing in a band, you might see some of the projects have an edgy feel to them related to what she is going through.

This week I made a wall decor piece using an 8"x 8" MDF tile with the title Today : Be Brave.



The details :


die cutting
To begin I die cut chipboards with the dies above and embossed the Baroque and Primitive Heart shapes. Then I coated the chipboards and the 8" x 8" MDF tile with an light taupe acrylic paint. A bright red paint was used to edge the MDF.


A quick swipe of Distress Ink Forest Moss to give the edges some definition.


The wings were embossed with Distress Weathered Look Powder in Antique Linen. And after that, using my fingers I rubbed in some read and blue paints into the chipboards.


A mall amount of black gesso helped make the embossed bingo numbers and honeycomb pop.


I inked the Tattered Floral die cuts with Distress Inks Marigold and Forest Moss, painted the centers red and assembled the flower.


In addition to the die cuts, I used a small chipboard frame, words from a stamp, Ideology booklet and an embellishment pack, stamp shaped stickers and a small piece of Distress cardstock. All the elements were put together and final touches of gold leafing painted on for that extra sheen.


I hope you like this project and it will be exciting sharing with you more of what I make in the months to come. Thank you for joining me today and have a wonderful weekend !!

**xoxoxo** 
 Aida






You will find this project and 1000s of others like it in our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com.  You won't believe all of the inspiration you will find there!
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. Aida! I gasped when I saw this. So beautiful! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I am looking forward to more of your stunning creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Aida! And welcome to the Sizzix blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Great color choice and am loving all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy beautiful!!! I absolutely love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Aida, this is fabulous! Love how you built up the colours and all the textures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Love all the texture and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made this look so easy. Easy enough that I just might give it a try myself. TFS Great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aida, this piece is very beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing a great visual tutorial. The layers and texture in this piece are awesome.
    Welcome to the sizzix blog, I am looking forward to seeing more of your artwork in the future.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely piee, I love these layered projects!!! Thankks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! you really make it seem so simple to achieve a great piece of work! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous tag, aida! the colors, the textures, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wall hanging Aida and thanks for your clear instructions!!! Can't wait to see more of your tutorials...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous project... the texture and colour on all those die-cuts and texture fades is just wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...