Friday, March 8, 2013

Which Die Cutting Machine is Right For You?

One of the questions I get a lot on our Facebook page is about the die cutting machines we offer.  If you are new to die cutting, choosing a machine might be confusing with so many different models to choose from.  To make that decision a little easier, I have compiled this quick reference for any one needing help choosing the best die cutting machine for their needs.

One of the questions we see hear a lot when crafters are shopping for die cutting machines is "Which one should I get?"  Since Sizzix offers several different machines with different capabilities, the question we usually respond with is, "What are you working on?"  To explain that question the best, take a look at this video which offers an introduction to our machines...
  

To follow up with the information from the video, I wanted to share links to the products mentioned.  Click on the name of each machine to visit the product page for it on Sizzix.com.

Die Cutting and Embossing



Big Shot | BIGkick | Bigkick- Vintaj Special Edition | Vagabond
One of the most asked questions about the Big Shot and Bigkick is "How are they different?"  They are essentially the same machine. They look different on the outside but inside they cut and emboss the same materials equally.



Vagabond
The Vagabond can cut and emboss the same materials and sizes as the Big Shot and Bigkick, but does it with power.  This machine is great for anyone with mobility issues that finds cranking the manual machines difficult or taxing.


Big Shot Pro
The Big Shot Pro also cuts and embosses the same materials as the Big Shot, Bigkick, and Vagabond machines, but can accommodate dies and materials up to 12" wide.


Embossing Only


Texture Boutique
If embossing is your passion, you will love the Texture Boutique.  It is works with our Textured Impressions and Texture Fades embossing folders.  It is lightweight and portable, perfect for taking with you to crops and card making meet ups.

Electronic Cutting


eclips
If electronic cutting is your passion, you will want to learn more about the eclips machine.  The eclips allows you to cut images up to 12" wide by 24" long.  You can cut images from cartridges or from your computer using our eCal software.  Fans of Tim Holtz stamps will also want to check out Stamp2Cut which allows users to cut detailed stamped images.

As you visit Sizzix.com to learn more about our die cutting machines, don't forget to check out this previous Q&A article that will help you determine which dies will work in the machine you have your eye on:
Q&A: Which Die Cutting Supplies Do I Need?

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Sharing with my store people now! Sherry@shabbyshutters.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know which machine is right for me, it's my big shot. I love it, to me it's like driving a cadillac, it cuts through anything like butter, the handle is comfortable and it is very, very easy to use. I have owned other brands in the past, the sizzix machines are the best!!!!! On my wish list is the sizzix pro. My big shot makes me happy!!!!!
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that glowing review!

      Delete
  3. I had the Cuttlebug, but when I heard of the Big Shot, I had to sale the cuttlebug and get the Big Shot right away. I also have the Texture Boutique, actually I had 2 and I gave one away on my blog. I have been really wanting the eclips, but can't afford it. Thanks for sharing all the uses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an original sizzix hand crank die cutting machine. Then, I got the side kick, and THEN I got the Big Shot. So many machines!!! Thankfully, the Vagabond hit the market in 2011! My husband bought it for me and I immediately donated the other machines. By far, for me, the Vagabond meets all of my needs and I love the fact that I don't have to crank it!!! I absolutely love it and my die collection is ever growing because now I have a machine that can do it all! Thanks, Sizzix (and, Tim Holtz...et al!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my Big Kick (they didn't sell Big Shots out here when I bought mine years ago). I wouldn't trade it - except for a Big Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so THANKFUL since I've gotten my Big Shot Pro. I had such wonderful success with my Big Shot, I wanted to be able to do MORE!
    - I no longer need to start by cutting paper down to fit through my die cutting machine. That, alone, is worth the investment!
    - I can use the larger dies for projects that REALLY saves on assembly time.
    - PLUS I can run multiple dies through at once which is a LIFESAVER when I'm prepping numerous embellishments.

    I could go on & on about the eClips, too: superior cutting (no drags or pulls!), easy to use and the ecal software makes cutting so creative!! I'm dying to try some of the Tim Holtz cartridges - such intricate cutting! Tammy Tutterow's work with those examples are so gorgeous, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...