Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shamrock Owl

Hi! Jeanne here today with a St.Patrick's day card made with Owl #2 from Dena Designs.


I added simple shamrock made from hearts (included on the Owl #2 die). Just think of all the different occasions this card could be made for by changing the embellishments!


Cut yellow/gold cardstock 10" x 5”. Score and fold at 5". Line up the fold of the card so it is just under the point of the ears on the die cut line.

die cutting
Cut patterned paper for the owl's body and wings. Sponge edges with brown ink.


Trim the feet area (with scissors) and attach patterned paper die cut to the front of the card.


Die cut the green circle with a circle die from 657916 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 6PK w/Stamps - Flowers, Daisies.


Assemble eyes as shown.


Die cut three hearts.


Sponge hearts with brown ink. Fold hearts in half (not a heavy crease, just a slight bend). Hand cut a little stem and assemble as shown. Assemble owl as shown above.



papers: The Paper Loft (In The Zone) 
adhesives: 3M/Scotch
ink: Colobox Premium Dye Inks (Chocolate)

Looking to put a little luck into your die cutting projects?  Look no further than the inspiration gallery on Sizzix.com!  We have project ideas and instructions sure to make your St. Patrick's Day projects full of love and luck!
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Sooooooo CUTE!!! I must Get that Owl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this guy .... going to make a few!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Jeanne. I have the same die...love it. Just a quick question. It looks from the photos that you didn't cut out the eyes on the die when you cut it out originally. How did you do that? I would like often not to cut out the features on the dies ... I have a dog die by same designer , and would prefer not to cut out the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get this die, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! I too would like to know how it is that you avoid cutting the eyes...I have this die and can't seem to manage cutting owl out w/o cutting the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to know how you kept from cutting out the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little guy!! I need to get this die, I think he captured my heart. And those little Irish hearts are so cute. Thanks for sharing this cute design.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...