Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Eclips Easter Bunny Milk Carton

Hey everyone! It's Hilary with you today with a fun Easter project to share!


With Easter right around the corner, here is a really quick and super easy "goody-bunny bag" I made using my Eclips and the Easter cartridge. I'm heading up to my brother's house for Easter and I've got a ton of little nieces and nephews running around and I know they'd love to receive a milk carton filled with chocolate eggs, and I think this little goody bag will be a really sweet gift to give. Below I'll show you just how easy it is to make with an Eclips. I hope you enjoy!


With my scraps left over...I created this little matching gift tag.




Okay, to make your milk carton bunny-bag you will need your Sizzix Eclips machine along with the Easter Cartridge, I also used Tim Holtz's new Tapered Fringe die and also the Tiny Tabs and Tags Die.

For additional supplies you will need, chipboard or mat board, cardstock, white wooden picket fence, ribbon, misc button, hole punch, bakers twine, some scrap transparency paper, white pom-poms hot glue, permanent adhesive, red line tacky tape, and some misc alphabet stamps.

Let's get started:


Grab your Easter cartridge book and flip to the "Favors" section, and choose "Carton with Bunnies"


On your Eclips screen, after choosing the desired project, will be prompted to enter the size of your carton. Since I don't have an extended cutting mat, (yet)...I chose the largest size I could fit on a 12 x 12 piece of pattern paper. I plugged in my size for a 5 inch carton and next to that you will see "10.10" that is the measurement you will add as your height. after hitting enter the machine will adjust to your setting. Then click cut, and the machine with cut out your shape.


The next page shows you how to fold your carton. The Eclips will cut and score your paper, so all you need to do is fold and add adhesive.


This is what it looks like after it's been cut by the Eclips.


Before adhering your carton "sides", adhere a small piece of transparency paper to the "inside" of your carton to prevent the goodies from falling out.


Then adhere the sides with red-lined tape or hot glue. Then lightly distress the edges with ink.


Next, die cut 2 pieces from Tim Holtz's Tapered Fringe die, crinkle the edges in your hands for a super cool effect, then adhere around the bottom of the carton. I wanted a lot of grass so I wrapped the bottom of the carton with 2 pieces.


Next trim a white wooden picket fence to fit each side and adhere to the bottom of the carton using hot glue.

To finish...simply add your goodies to the box, then punch to holes at the top and insert ribbon, tie a pretty bow and add a button with bakers twine.

I made the tag with the Tiny Tabs and Tags die, and I simply used the leftover bunny that was originally cut from my pattern paper, he was too cute to throw away, then used a little leftover fringe and fence, adhered it all on and stamped an "Easter" sentiment on white cardstock, then adhered it to the fence. Tie some bakers twine on the top for a pretty gift tag.


I hope you enjoyed my Eclips project, and Happy Easter everyone!




Are you ready to see what else you can create with electronic die cutting?  Visit the eclips project gallery at Sizzix.com and prepare to be amazed at what you can do with the eclips!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Cute! You are having fun with that new eclips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amy! I love it! It's so much fun to watch it cut!! Hahaha....it almost puts you in a trance! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful project, Hilary! You make me want an eclips every time you post something using it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Hilary! Especially adore the grass and picket fence combo - fabulous! I think i have this cartridge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love this, it's so cute! Where did you get the picket fence, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The picket fence was found at my local craft store. ;)

      Delete
  5. Cute and fun. Love the picket fence.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...