Monday, March 25, 2013

Artful Multi-Layered Canvas

Hi there! Ronda here with you today to sharew ith you my Artful Mult-Layer Canvas using lots of Sizzix die-cuts.



I love layers and this piece has lots of layers, layers of colors, layers of texture, and layers of mini canvases. Each piece could stand on its own as an art canvas. Together they make an intricate canvas full of artful layers. Tammy likes to play spot the Sizzix on my pieces. Can you find them all?



Let's take a tour around the canvas to look at all the Sizzix pieces. To start this canvas I first created the background layer on the large 9 x 12 panel canvas. I knew I was going for lots of color on the mini canvases so I kept the background neutral with layers of book paper, old maps, beige & white paints, and a few rub-ons. On the blue mini canvas I glued an old text page to a piece of chipboard. I then used the mini butterfly set to cut out this fun butterfly. I painted & stamped on the butterfly and then pulled up the wings to give it some dimensions.





I began the Charlotte doll canvas with some gesso and the sheet music fade to create texture on the background. I love how the texture fades can add little touches to my background. I layered on colored and transfered a butterfly image before adding the charlotte doll. I die-cut the "jewelry" tag using the same technique as I did with the butterfly. This time I added a number rub-on along with walnut ink.



On this canvas I started with gesso & the mini gears die-cuts. I cut the gears out of grungeboard and then glued them down onto the canvas. Then I added a layer of gesso and let it dry. While it was drying, I worked on the Mini tag using the same techique as the butterfly and mini jewelry tag.



This canvas was created by first painting colors on a piece of watercolor paper. I actually had paper left over from doing this sizzix layout so I used it with the damask texture fade. I then trimmed it down and glued it to the mini canvas. I sanded the top & sides to make the texture stand up a little bit more.



I love the dres form from the sewing room set so it had to be on this canvas. I started with the regal flourish texture fade smooshed into the gesso to create a textured layer. I die-cut the dress form out of patterned paper, cardstock, and sticky back canvas. I did a transfer using the sticky back canvas and patterned paper to create this dynamic dress form. I then layered it onto black cardstock piece and popped it up. The smallest wings of the layered angel wings worked beautifully with this dress form. I cut them from grungeboard, painted them, and added diamond stickles.





This mini canvas is made up of multiple canvases. I love the depth it adds to my piece. I die cut the mini hearts out of sticky back canvas and then sprayed them with spray ink. I stamped on them and added some rub-ons. I used the deco emboss mod trees die to emboss the metal heart from Vintaj. I added some patina paint and sanded it down a bit so the tree would stand out.



I just love the way the mini canvases adds so much texture and layers to this piece. It's made me look at all my dies in a whole new way and I cannot wait to create another piece.


http://rondapalazzari.typepad.com




stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous- Pampillion CMS106
mists: Maya Road: Tangerine, Sunflower, Lemon Metallic,
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut Stain, mowed grass; Ranger Archival- Jet Black
paints: Tim Holtz Distress Paints- mowed grass, seedless preserves, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, broken china, salty ocean; liquitex basics; claudine hellmuth blank canvas, altered orange, painterly pink;
embellishments: Tim Holtz Ideology: faucet knobs, foliage, game spinners, locket keys, philosophy tags. pen nibs, plaquettes, sprockets gears, word sticks, mini numerals, grungeboard; Maya Road Vintage Key
rub-ons: 7 gypsies

Ready for more great die cutting project inspiration?  The project gallery on Sizzix.com has thousands of ideas for you to help you create projects that are unique and totally you!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous work of art! I love all the little canvases individually and collectively, it works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy piece. And fun to look at all the details. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda made a stunning piece. Love all the détails and the dies she used. Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece Ronda! Love each of the colourful canvases. Gorgeous dimensions and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic art piece. I love the mini canvasses on top of a large canvas. That is a great idea, now the creative ideas are bouncing around in my mind. All that colour and using dies and embossing folders, I could also use stamps. Thankyou for sharing this awesome piece.
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks for sharing your lovely canvas art. Something of this sort has been on my bucket crafty list and maybe this will inspire me to get busy!! Enjoyed all the layers, colors, texture and loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this ! What fun to make little art that joins to make big art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the little canvases and colors and texture and dimension... Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful work of art!! I love all the different colors and techniques you used, yet it all comes together beautifully. THANKS so much for the inspiration!! I'd love to try this using some of my favorite elements.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...