Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Airmail Greeting Card featuring Stamp2Cut

Hello!  Tammy here with you today to share a quick card I made using Stamp2Cut for the Sizzix eclips.
  
To create this card, begin by cutting a piece of cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Fold the cardstock in half to create a side fold card.

die cutting
Place the front of the card in the new Tim Holtz Airmail Texture Fades and emboss.  Die cut the edge of the card using Postage edge of the Plaque & Postage On The Edge die.  Use an ink blending tool to apply assorted colors of Distress Ink onto the embossed card front.

Die cut a Mini Ticket Strip from kraft cardtock.  Add color to the cardstock with Walnut Stain Distress Stain and Ink.  Tear the strip in two and adhere to the front of the card along the left edge.


I used the Airmail stamp from the Tim Holtz Travel Blueprints set to stamp several impressions on manila cardstock.  I cut out the different layers and elements of the image using my eclips and Stamp2Cut #21.


After coloring the layers with Distress Markers I used an ink blending tool to apply Walnut Stain Distress Ink onto the edges.  I then adhered the layers of the stamped images together.  I adhered the assembled Airmail Stamp image to the front of my card over the tickets.  As a final touch, I cut a small slit in the fold of my card next to the tickets.  I wrapped Paper String around the front of the card through the slit.  I tied the string off in a knot on the front of the card and added a Cash Key embellishment. 

I love how the layers in my stamped image gave it extra detail and dimension.  It was so fast to cut the pieces out with my eclips and Stamp2cut and it added such a nice extra touch to my card!

die cutting supplies



stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous- Travel Blueprints CMS148
mists: Dylusions- White Linen
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick; Ranger Archival- Jet Black 
stains: Tim Holtz Distress Stain- Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
markers: Tim Holtz Distress Markers- Fired Brick, Black Soot, Picket Fence, Chipped Sapphire, Forest Moss

Combing stamping with your eclips opens all sorts of new possibilities for your stamping and die cutting projects!  To see more Stamp2Cut project ideas, visit the Stamp2Cut gallery at Sizzix.com!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I really love this card. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner-great masculine card.You never fail to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dimension in this too Tammy! wonderful!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...