Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tattered Florals Challenge

One of the very first dies I ever bought was the Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die.  I have used that die for so many die cutting projects and classes that I couldn't even begin to count the number of flowers I have cut with it.  It is just hands down a must-have die.  Just the same way you have scissors in your crafting tools, you need this die as well!  Forget buying pre-made flowers, this die lets you cut your own over and over again!


I was super excited this week when Tim posted a challenge on his blog featuring this die.  Sometimes we get so excited about new designs that we forget about old favorites.  The Tattered Florals is definitely an old favorite of mine and seeing it get a special shout out made me smile!  I could not wait to play along and create something with it for the challenge.

For my project, I decided to embellish a vintage hat with vintage millinery style flowers.  Since the Tattered Florals die is a steel rule die (one with the thick case) it can cut a number of different materials.  For some materials, like the fabric I used, you can multiple layers at one time, making the creative process even faster and easier.  

One of my favorite fabrics to die cut is crinoline.  I love the way it can be dyed and the way flowers made with it resemble vintage style fabric millinery flowers.  I posted a step-by-step tutorial on my blog showing how I created these flowers.  I hope you will stop by and take a look!

There are tutorials and prizes on both blogs (mine and Tim's) so be sure and visit both!



For more die cutting project inspiration featuring the Tattered Florals die, visit the Tattered Florals die product page on Sizzix.com.  Click on the "Related Projects"tab for project ideas and instruction.
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your flowers...so beautiful...off to check out the tute on your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are beautiful. That is also the first die I purchased and also the one I use the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited about this challenge!! My mind is full of ideas!! =) Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your blooms, I have wanted this die for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome flowers...they look exactly like the ones I buy from a major manufacturer, and they are EXPENSIVE.....I am getting this die for sure~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making delightful flowers with Sizzix dies! Adorning this hat with your own blossoms is a most clever project!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my tattered florals die! I usually cut wool felt with it. I always have a tin with flower pieces in various colors as a hand project when traveling. I create pins and hair accesories adding floss details beads or what ever I feel like! It is a great die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This hat is amazing!! the colors are so beautifull!!! i saw your tutorial of making crinolinne flowers, using this die, about 2011 and it liked me very much!! i will visit your web page, and by the way it is a wonderfull page, so interesting!! thank for share your art!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These flowers are so pretty,I have not heard of crinoline fabric,could
    someone tell me what it is please?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...