Monday, February 11, 2013

Love of Hydrangeas Layout

Hi Everyone! It's Jan here today to share my love for Hydrangeas and Sizzix's new Thinlit dies.


I created this layout about my favorite flowers using these new detailed dies.


The first step was embossing the bottom of my background paper with Sizzix's Vine and Flower Garden Embossing folders. I was very spoiled this Christmas, I received a Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine! Not only does it cut larger dies, but I can emboss and die cut on a 12 x 12 sheet of paper. So, with that in mind, I embossed on each side of the lower half of my paper. Normally I would have cut my paper the width of the embossing folder and piece it back together after embossing. The cut lines can be camouflaged by papers, photos and embellishments.

Lightly ink the raised areas with a light brown ink.

die cutting
I then took a patterned paper with a border around the edges (these papers I used are from Authentique) and cut out the center. I inked the edges and then sewed this onto my background paper.


After the two pieces were sewn together, distress the edges of the border paper to give it more dimension.


Using the Fancy Rectangle Frame Thinlit and the Butterflies & Vine Thinlit, cut out the frame and vine(I cut out 2, one from red paper, the other pink).

The larger layered flowers were cut out using Sizzix's Eileen Hull Flower with Heart Petals die. I die cut quite a few from patterned paper and for the bigger flower, I also die cut some from tissue paper. The small flowers were cut out from the small flower dies in the Butterflies and Vine Thinlit. After die cutting, I like to shape my flower petals and leaves with a stylus and foam mat to give them extra dimension. After this was done, the edges were inked with pink ink. Alternating tissue and paper petals; about 4 layers of each, put the larger flower together with a brad. Using small brads, build the smaller flowers.


After everything is shaped and inked, you are ready to adhere them to your layout. I glued the red vine along the edge of the embossed area. Arrange and glue your photos as in the photograph and finish off by adding in your flowers. I cut a few small pieces from the pink vine and tucked them in around the flowers. I flipped the inside rectangle of my Fancy Rectangle Frame to the patterned side of my paper. This, I adhered to my paper and then pop-dotted the frame on top.

My letters were die cut from Sizzix's Tim Holtz Vintage Market Decorative strip Alphabet. After inking the edges, they were adhered to my background paper. The words, Love and Hydrangea, were pop-dotted.

Hope my layout inspires you to check out the other new Thinlit dies, they are gorgeous!!

Jan
http://janhobbins.blogspot.com

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jan! Wow - now I want to emboss with the Pro - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Jan!! The embossing is so pretty and great work with the Thinlits. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Jan! Hydrangeas are my favorite flower- the tissue paper ones are so soft and pretty. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely and just love the new dies they are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, I share your love of hydrangeas, but I surely have none that are dark pink/red like yours! You must have a cooler climate than we do here in the mid-South! Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this. Absolutely gorgeous Jan. Hugs and happy crafting <3-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, I always look forward to seeing your creations......Because they are fantastic and because you are someone I have a pleasure to know. Thans for helping put Edmonton, Alberta on the map. Ona

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...