Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love Accordion Album

Hello everyone!  Shelly Hickox here with you today!  When I first saw Karen Burniston's Accordion Album die at last summer's CHA show, my jaw dropped! I was completely and utterly in love with the concept and she samples she'd made.
I couldn't imagine how a die could make something so intricate - and so big! I was amazed when I watched this video and found out that it is just one die that you combine to make an album that is as long, or as short, as you like. Here's how I created mine:

Using Karen Burniston's Accordion Flip 3-D Album die, cut four panels from kraft cardstock.

Stamp the center with a script stamp using black ink. Don't worry about getting it on the border, we'll be covering that up. Repeat on one side of three of the panels, and both sides of one panel.

die cutting
Cut various decorative papers using Karen Burniston's Brackets Frame and Label die. The great thing about this die is that it cuts three different pieces at once! By cutting double-sided paper, you have endless combinations of patterns.

Adhere decorative paper to frames as desired. Attach panels as shown here. Cut off tab from last panel. **Note - make sure the the first panel is the one that has been stamped on both sides. The reverse side will be the cover.

Die cut four rosettes using the larger of the mini rosettes on the Mini Rosette die. Sand edges carefully and ink with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.

Die cut letters to spell 'love' from chipboard using the Block Talk Alpha die. Cut a Cupid from chipboard using the Mini Cupid Movers and Shapers die. Cover with glue and coat with glitter. Set aside to dry.

Assemble rosettes and adhere letters to center. Die cut four small flourishes using the Mini Flourish die. Cut in half as shown.

Adhere bracket panel to center of kraft panel. Glue rosettes to the center, tucking in flourish pieces as desired.

Using glue dots, attach center panels as shown.

On the reverse side of the first panel, cut two bracket panels in half and adhere as shown. Apply Tissue Tape to seam. Adhere glittered Cupid to panel using foam dots. Cut a heart from decorative paper using the Mini Heart die and adhere to panel as shown.

When the book is closed, the back of the first panel will create the cover. For my book, I decided not to decorate the back of all the pages, but you certainly could do that if you wanted to. This is the first project I've created with the Accordion Flip 3D Album die - now my mind is spinning with all the creative possibilities of it. I hope you're inspired to make one of your own!

'Til next month,
Shelly
http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com




surfaces: Kraft cardstock; chipboard; My Mind's Eye,
stamps: Stampers Anonymous Classics #9
ink: Ranger Archival - Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress - Frayed Burlap
embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Elements Tissue Tape
adhesives: Beacon 3-in-1; Ranger Collage Glue Stick, Glue 'n Seal; foam dots; glue dots
other: Ranger Ultra Fine Glitter - Platinum; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sanding Grip

Want to put a little more LOVE into your die cutting projects?  The project gallery at Sizzix.com is packed with project ideas that are full of LOVE!  From layouts, to cards, to home decor, we have your project needs covered!
Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shelly! Love the stamping, the mix of papers, rosettes and glitter pieces. The Accordion Flip die is a favourite of mine too, so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolute perfection! I love the "5th panel" orientation, too. Smart, smart, smart! Shellypiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely - another few dies on that giant wish list I have ....
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!!! This is an awesome one!! I loved it.. and it's on my wishlist along with a bigshot!! however, I did try my own version of it :)
    Thanks for listing..

    Can you let me know the size of this die and the point of middle mark ??


    Thanks!
    Manu
    www.hands-full-of-art.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you did this.........awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Shelly! Now, I will be adding this to my Karen Burniston wish list. I can just see this piece on a fireplace mantle or shelf with silver candleholders and red candles and a beautiful banner underneath. Imagine if you made this into a card and sent it to someone special, who was sad and lonely, wouldn't that make their day. Oh the fun possibilities with this die!
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much!!!! Genius, really! Love that "cover" piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see one of these creations, I tell myself to go order that die! You are really making it hard to resist, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lOVE ALL! Love the paper you used and all the embelishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVING the FUN ideas I've seen using this die!! Your creation for today is AMAZING!! When will it be available in the store again!!?? I have some gift cards I want to use and I have been waitting for it to come back in stock!!?? THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
    I made my baby announcements using the flip card dies and I need to take pics and post them on my blog!! I have gotten TONS of compliments on them and I LOVE the way they turned out!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Saw it on Facebook and had to run over here to see it "live!" What a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a great album! Love all your stamping...such a great product. Going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! that is seriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!!!! Another masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! But what I would love even more is if it was in stock. It's been out of stock since before CHA. Any idea when it will be back in?

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE it!!! I bought this at my LSS (Cat's Creations Scrapbooks in Mineral Wells, Texas)after seeing the beautiful card/album she made at The Collins Show. Made my husband a birthday card with it and he LOVED it so much he has it displayed at work. Thank You Karen B. for creating this die. Now that I've seen this, I may have to make him a Valentine using this die......

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...