Monday, February 4, 2013

Good Luck Wishbone Card

Hello everyone!  It is Tammy Tutterow here with you today!  I want a share a fun card with you that is quick and easy to make and is sure to give the recipient a big smile!
tammy tutterow
To begin, cut a card base that is 5 1/2" wide by 8 1/2" tall from plain smooth cardstock.  Fold the card in half to create a top fold card.

tammy tutterow
Select a piece of colored cardstock from a Sizzix Cut & Emboss Core'dinations cardstock stack.  I used a green from the Tim Holtz Distress Collection stack.  Emboss the piece of cardstock with any Texture Fade or Textured Impressions Folder.  I selected the Tim Holtz Springtime Background and Borders set.  I dabbed the surface of the embossed cardstock randomly with Picket Fence Distress Stain.  

die cutting
After drying the stain, I sanded the surface with a sanding grip to add removed the stain from the raised areas and to reveal the inner color of the cardstock.  I used an ink blending tool to add Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges and some of the raised areas of the cardstock.  I adhered the cardstock to the front of my card.

Next, I die cut a frame  from Grungeboard using the new Postage Stamp Frame with the large Sized Rectangle insert place in the frame to cut away the center.  I dabbed Picket Fence and Antique Linen on the die cut frame.  I added the color to the rough side of the Grungeboard to make use of the texture of the Grungeboard.  I generally use the smooth side, but thought it would be fun to use the textured side for a change.  After drying the stain, I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges.  I adhered the frame over the embossed cardstock.

tammy tutterow
I used the Tim Holtz Simple Sayings stamp set to stamp a label on manila cardstock using Fired Brick Distress Ink.  I added the phrase "good luck" using Black Soot Distress Ink.  After cutting out the label, I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink the label to give it some age.  I placed the label on the center of the lower edge of the frame.  I added machine stitching through the label and around the entire frame.  The frame has an embossed edge around it that I used as a sewing guide to keep my stitching nice and straight.

tammy tutterow
Finally, in the center of my card, I added a pink felt heart.  I adhered felt to a thin piece of cotton batting before die cutting with a Mini Hearts die.  I added a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the assembled heart and then adhered it to the center front of my card.  I added machine stitching around the edges of the heart.  As a final touch, I tied a small blue ribbon bow around Tim Holtz Wishbone.  I adhered the wishbone to the heart.

I love that this card has lots of layers but was so simple to assemble!  I am partial, but I think it is super cute too!  I hope it gave you a little inspiration too!


die cutting supplies



surfaces: manila cardstock; grungeboard; smooth cardstock or blank card base
fabric: pink wool felt; cotton batting;
stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Simple Sayings
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Black Soot
stains: Tim Holtz Distress Stain- Picket Fence, Antique Linen
embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Wishbones; ribbon
tools: Tim Holtz- Grid Blocks, Sanding Grip

Are you looking for ways to WISH someone well?  You won't believe all of the ideas we have in our die cutting project gallery at Sizzix.com that are full of good wishes!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Tammy, this card is beautiful. I really like the mix of the old with the new. The embossing in the middle of the frame was what caught my attention right away, and I wanted to know what embossing folder was used,I scrolled through to get that and then tracked back and read all the details. The postage frame looks great and the stitching, I just love the stitching. This card gives me ideas for future projects. Thankyou for the reminder to add sewing to my cards.
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! And it really spoke to me today as we set off for day 1 of chemo and radiation for my husband. Thank you for such lovely inspiration...I didn't think I needed those wishbones until I saw your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I think you are a bone-ified card maker now! (See what I did there?) This is a fabulous creation and the stitching is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Karen, yes, I actually just thinking that the other day, that {gasp} I have become a card maker! I must have been boneheaded to think I couldn't... (see what I did there?)

      Delete
  4. great card - thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect of the Picket Fence stain on the Core'dinations - great idea!! Love this card, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea to add the wishbone. It's alway the thinking outside the box that catches the eye and continues to make us all think about how to push the envelop. You have definitely done it with this one. TFS Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo...love the background. And the sweet little wishbone tied onto the heart is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I have to go clean off my sewing machine...thanks for the inspiration! I WISH the wishbones were available NOW!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...