Monday, February 25, 2013

For You Pillow Box

Hello Everyone!  It's Ronda here.  Today I am sharing with you a sweet but colorful pillow box.

I love making handmade packages for my gifts and this pillow box makes it so easy.  It's the perfect size to hold a little gift for my God Daughter.

To start this project, I cut the watercolor paper using Tim Holt'z Pillow Box Die-cut.  I wasn't sure which label I was going to use on top so I decided to die-cut all three.  I can always save the other two to use on other projects.  Labels never go out of style.

Next I used Distress Paints to paint the background of the pillow box.  This is the underlayer of color.  I knew I was going to add more layers of color but needed a good base coat of colors.  Once I completed that layer, I cut another pillow box shape using old maps.  I like having it match the shape of the pillow box so when i tear the layers they will fit the edges perfectly.

After adding the torn map pieces, I added more layers of color in reds and purples.  Next using waterproof stamp ink, I stamped scipt images onto the pillow box.

I already had some embossed metal foil paper laying around from another project.  I had embossed it with Tim Holtz's Regal Flourish Texture Fade.  I layered the sticky metal foil paper onto some grunge paper and die cut the butterfly.  Note* if you want more texture, then add the metal foil paper to the grunge paper, die cut, them emboss it.

I added a layer of pitch black paint to the butterfly foil diecut.  Using a paper towel, gently wipe away the excess paint.  It gives the metal piece a nice burnished look you will totally love.

I decided to use the large label on the front.  I used more yellows, oranges, and reds on the label to bring the colors from the back to the front.  I stamped the sentiment "For You" over layers of maps, stamped images, and paint.

The metal butterfly and bakers twine add the finishing touches to the adorable gift box.  I love the way the black paint adds depth to the embossed butterfly.

My Mom always says the back should look as pretty as the front, so I made sure I had plenty of vibrant colors on the back.  Now it's time to get this pretty little package in the mail with some extra special gifts tucked inside!

Thanks for stopping by today!




paint: Ranger: Tim Hotlz Distress Paints
stamps: Tim Holtz Pampillion Butterfly CMS106; Maya Road Art Journal Stamps
ink: Ranger Archival- Jet Black
twine: Twintery
metal foil: Ranger Metal Foil Sheets
tools: Ranger Non-stick Craft Sheet, Mister Water Bottle


Pillow boxes are so easy to assemble and are fun to decorate. For even more pillow box ideas, visit our die cutting project gallery on Sizzix.com: Pillow Box Ideas.
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Love the pillow box die! Great colors on it and a pretty finish with the butterfly and twine!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the idea of cutting the map with the die first, then applying! Super tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the bright colors and the way you layered everything. Will definitely be trying that black paint on the embossed foil - that butterfly looks like heavy metal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! I loved the bright n beautiful colors ..Thanks for sharing the steps !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bright colors are fabulous! Love the butterfly. I thought it was a metal pre made jobbie. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!! I love that pillow box die and the colors!!!!!!! wow, the butterfly is amazing too! You used a lot of tecnique to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Fabulous!!! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and collage of script and maps. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...