Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Forever Love Layout

Hi everyone, Jan here today, with a layout that does not have a speck of snow on it! For those of you who don't get snow or much of it, I'm sure you are wondering why I'm so happy about that. We've had snow here, and lots of it, since the middle of October, so I need to look at some green!


I love the Tim Holtz Decorative Strip; Valentine's Stacked Words, which was my inspiration for this layout which features a photo of the cutest couple I have ever known, my Aunt and Uncle. It also includes a beautiful paper collection from Kaisercraft called "Secret Admirer along with some of my favorite dies.

die cutting
With my patterned paper, I cut out one diecut from Sizzix's Bigz Bird and Branch die, two cuts from the Sizzix decorative strip die, Birds and Branches (why did I not have this die sooner, love this one!), one cut from the largest framelit die and one from the next largest of Sizzix's Framelit set, Ornate 2 dies. I also cut out three of the "my forever love" words from Sizzix's Tim Holtz Valentine Stacked Words die from white cardstock.

I inked the edges of my birds and branches with various Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Evergreen bough, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn) and then shaped them with a stylus and foam mat. They were then covered with Rock Candy Clear Crackle paint, and set aside to dry.


After die cutting, I took my smaller Ornate die cut and Sizzix Beatnik Bouquet Textured Impressions embossing folder and embossed just the right side, so you have a bit of flower embossed on that part.


After this was embossed, I inked the raised portion and edges of both ornate dies with Mowed Lawn Distress ink. I like the look of those 3D stickers, so I decided to make my own with the title. If you prefer not to, just cut out one in white cardstock and pop dot this to your frames.

The bottom layer of words were inked in Picked Raspberry Distress ink and the middle ones in Dried Marigold/Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. The top die cut was inked first with Dried Marigold distress ink. While the ink was still wet, I covered it with clear embossing ink and tapped off some of it from the back before heating. After heating, I inked it again with a combination of Ripe Persimmon, Dried Marigold and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, and because it was embossed sparingly, it looks a bit mottled. I pop dotted the three layers together with thin pop dots, some of which I cut into strips, as the areas were a bit small. I pop dotted the green ornate die cut onto the pink and then adhered my title onto the left side of these. This, by itself, would make a great front on a card!


My patterned paper had some printed doilies on it, which I cut out two, one a little larger than the other. With the Sizzix Magnetic Mini Silhouette Movers and Shapers set, I cut out the men's silhouette on the right side of the larger doily and the women's silhouette on the right side of the smaller doily. I inked the outer edges of the doilies and the silhouette shapes with Mowed Lawn and Ripe Persimmon distress ink. After adhering the doilies to my background paper, I pop dotted the silhouettes in the cut out areas.

I glued two patterned pieces of paper (these were journaling squares in my collection) to the left of my doilies, one horizontal and one vertical. Next I adhered my title piece on top. The matted photo was adhered to the left of the top corner of the frame.


The final step was to take my birds and branches, apply a small amount of Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Stain to small areas and edges for added dimension and dry with my heat gun. Once these are dry, you might have to bend them a little to get back into shape. Glue the Sizzix Bird and Branch Bigz die cut on the left side and the pieces of small branches about the frame and on the left top corner, tucking them behind the frames.


I adhered the two birds, one by the birdcage printed on my background paper, and the other in the bottom corner of my photo. I usually use glue dots and some small pop dots to just a few areas when I'm adhering branches. My layout was finished!

I hope this gives you some inspiration when using your Sizzix Framelits and once you start using those Sizzix Decorative Strip dies for more detailed die-cutting, you will be hooked!

Have a great day!

Jan

die cutting supplies




Do you love the look of a bird on a branch on die cutting projects?  If so, you will love this collection of project ideas on Sizzix.com that feature birds on branches on a wide variety of projects.  Take a look!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Jan! Lovely colours, details and design. Great partial use of that embossing folder, it adds such a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! I love the colors and the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page. So glad too see a scrapbook page layout. The Sizzix blog has improved 100% over the last year. Now if they would,d just make it a little easier to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, and what a wonderful tribute to your Aunt and Uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so beautiful, really, it's the prettiest layout I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful page. I am ready for spring too eventhough we haven't had much snow lately, but winter isn't over yet. I want the decorative strip birds and branches, this is a goal for this year, I wish it wasn't clearance it makes it harder to get. Thankyou for the excellent step by step instructions. Adding framelits to my list too.
    Jacquelene L.
    Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous LO... love the photo and all you've done to embellish this page, especially using just part of that EF as accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful scrapbook page! The colors are delightful, and truly accentuate the lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout! So much beautiful detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Sweet! Love the use of color and of course the couple steals our hearts...my husband & I will be celebrating our 29th anniversary in two weeks...Love seeing Love displayed in the layout! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...