Friday, January 4, 2013

Love Your Mug

Hi everyone! I knew as soon as I saw this die (658107 Sizzix Bigz L Die - Mug, Tall )  I knew it was going to be a favorite in my die stash. This die is from Rachael Bright. I added stamped and die cut accents with the 658206 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK w/Stamps - Birthday & Frames set from Stephanie Barnard.

die cutting
Score and fold a piece on cardstock that fits over die for your card base. Place the fold just below the cutting edge of the mug die and cut.

Trim a smidge off the base of the card so the card with stand straight.

Die cut patterned papers.

After die cutting, sponge edges with brown ink and decorate. I used a marker and white gel pen to create some shadows and highlights.

Stamp your images from the658206 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK w/Stamps - Birthday & Frames
set.

Die cut with Framelits dies.

Assemble your card and add a pearl to the flower center.


die cutting supplies




papers: The Paper Loft (Gentler Times Collection)
inks: Ranger and Clearsnap
markers: Shinhan Touch Twin
gel pen: Sakura

Wouldn't this card be great for a friend who loves coffee or tea?  For more coffee and tea die cutting ideas, be sure to visit the coffee and tea project gallery at Sizzix.com!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Gotta get me some of this coffee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using this post as a scavenger hunt for my blog supporting www.homeandgardenwelcome.com If you get a chance check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this card and die! fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be such a fun die to create a quilt with. Of course, I'd also love to create a quilt project with various coffee mugs and tea shapes. Love this one.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...