Monday, December 17, 2012

Hope Tag


Hello! Ronda here with my Hope tag. I love this season but to me no matter what time of year it is, there should always be hope. Today I am going to walk you through some steps & techniques to create this tag that can adorn any gift, layout, or art journal piece.


I started with a manilla tag and layered on Distress Inks. I love blues and greens so that's where I started. Notice the Dot Matrix Texture Fade from Tim Holtz sitting next to the tag? I cut a slit in the middle of the fold just enough to slip my tag through it, allowing me to position my tag any where on the embossing folder.


Next I spritzed the Texture Fade with water. When you do this you want to use the raised side of the embossing folder. Tap the folder on the table to shake off the excess water.


Slip the tag into the folder with the water side at the top so when you close the folder, it hits the Distress Ink creating a "ghost" effect. It's like magic!


How cool is that? Next, take a roll of paper towels and roll it over the tag to wipe off the excess water. If you are like me, after seeing this I need to add more embossing folders to my ever so large collection.



Here's the tricky part (which isn't that tricky). Make sure you position the Hope magnetic die in the center of the tag. Flip it over so you make sure you die cut the word the correct way.


After die cutting, take the open Hope for a test drive by trying out different patterned papers in the background until you find one you love. Here I went with a Christmas newsprint.


Now let's make that Hope sing by adding in a darker color. Before I added the layer of blue maker, I first used some walnut ink in spots to give it an aged look. Next I added Diamond Stickles to the word to make it sparkle.

die cutting
Now for the finishing touches... I love this new Snowflake Rosette. It is such a cool twist on snowflakes and a perfect way to add in a few more colors.


I added in a few more touches of cranberry red around the tag. A brad adorns the center of the snowflake rosetted. I few sprinkles of white mist around the tag to give it a snowy effect.


And just a few more touches of walnut ink & Diamond Stickles on the snowflake rosette. I love how this tag turned out. Now to attach it to one of my gifts under the tree!



die cutting supplies



patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
stamps: My Mind's Eye
glitter: Ranger Stickles- Diamond
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Ranger/JBS Ink
spray ink: Maya Road- white
embellishments: brads- My Mind's Eye
twine: My Mind's Eye
ribbon: Maya Road

Do you love creating tags?  Visit the Tag Project Gallery at Sizzix.com to find more inspirational ideas for creating tags with die cutting.
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Nice tag. Cool technique with the water on the texture fade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag, great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always share the best techniques, Ronda! I love the way you used the Texture Fade. Your tag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the technique for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Gorgeous Tag... Love the Way you used the Texture Fade just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a cool technique! I never thought to use the texture fades outside of my Big Shot! Yep, need to get some more now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a clever technique with an awesome effect! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great great technique with that embossing folder, which i must have now! - vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag and thanks for showing how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag, Ronda!! Thanks for the tutorial, too. I would never have thought to use my embossing folders like you did for your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Hope tag is just beautiful! I will have to try your background technique... I love the ghost look the water left on the Distress Inks. Thanks for your inspiration!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tag! wish I had more than a sidekick

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...