Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Sparkle


Happy December! For me it's time for all things sparkly. I love adding glittered accents to cards and projects and when I got my hands on German glass glitter I was in heaven. There's just something about it that makes me happy.

One thing that isn't so great is that it can get a little pricey to collect multiple jars of different colors. For a long time I had a little silver glass glitter heart just sitting on my desk. One day I thought I would experiment with trying to color it. I wanted rich color but also wanted to preserve the beautiful sparkle of the glass glitter. Enter a few drops of alcohol ink. Then a few more...ooh...and another color...and some blending solution. I'm in love! Here is the step by easy step for getting your colorful sparkle on.


I die-cut my Holly & Berries (657363) out of white card stock. My adhesive of choice is Xyron. I run my paper through a permanent adhesive cartridge before die cutting.


Next I peeled off the backing to expose the adhesive and poured on my silver glass glitter. I used 100 grit glitter for this project.


For the Holly Leaves I used a combination of Lettuce, Citrus and Meadow alcohol inks.


I used blending solution to lighten areas that I thought were too dark. Always protect your work surface when using alcohol inks!!


For the Holly Berries I used Raisin, Red Pepper and Watermelon with a drop of blending solution in the center of each berry.


After the pieces were dry, I hot glued them to a frame with some ribbon and a couple silver swirls (656520). Wow, easy!

Wishing you a very joyous Christmas!

Beth
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is gorgeous!! I love the glitter and what you did! Great idea and thank you, for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for this great tutorial. I now know the alcohol ink colours I need for doing poinsettas. I already have the red pepper alcohol ink. I have been trying to figure it out, you did it for me. I have a project I've been wanting to do and been stumped. I have also been wondering how I could colour glitter and keep the sparkle.
    This is a beautiful project!
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a great idea. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Beth! Love the way the colors blend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous idea! It looks so vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful technique!! Love the project too!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...