Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Clearance Make Overs!


Once you have recovered from the Christmas meal and discarded gift wrap clean up, it is time to start thinking about after Christmas clearance shopping!  The week after Christmas is a great time to stock up on decorations for next year at rock bottom prices.  With a few simple crafty touches, you can easily turn those bargains into something special with the magic of die cutting!


A few days ago I was at a local sewing and  craft chain store and found all of their Christmas items on clearance of 70% off.  The pieces were nice pieces, but I felt they needed a little something more...


This small wooden plaque cost less than $2.  To embellish it, I simply added a Tattered Poinsettia and holly leaves from the Holly Branch die cut from wool felt.  It is a simple addition that adds dimension and texture to the project.


This small fabric pillow was pretty with a silver snowflake already.  Luckily the snowflake design was a perfect match to the Snowflake Border (from our Ellison Education line) design I already had.  I simply die cut a snowflake and glued it on to the existing design.  Because I got the pillow for about $1, used a die I already owned, and die cut the snowflake from a scrap of fabric I already had, the cost of this project is hardly anything!


The final item I made over was this vinyl hanging banner.  I made several decor items this year that featured the Holly Branch and Tattered Poinsettia dies.  By incorporating those same dies into the new items I picked up, it gives all of the assorted non-matching decorations a cohesive feel.

Don't feel like fighting the after Christmas crowds for bargains?  Why not give your existing decorations a make-over before packing them away for the year?  When you unpack them next year it will be like having all new decorations!



die cutting

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Great ideas for altering decorations Tammy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions...and your upgraded projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upcycling with Sizzix die cuts will keep the kiddies busy for HOURS during their holiday vacation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You are such a clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! I was finally able to post from my PC!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...