Friday, November 9, 2012

Die Cutting Paper: Winter Cupcake Card featuring

I think I've discovered a new favorite eclips cartridge!

Sizzix eclips Cartridge - Birthday Party & Fun Times Alphabet
OK... I think I say that every time I play with a new cartridge, but this one is really fun.  It is the Birthday Party & Fun Times Alphabet eclips Cartridge. Not only do you get a nice alphabet (that you can make ANY size!) but you also get birthday die cuts, frames, a bag, a border, a cupcake holder, and two cards!

I decided to make the cupcake card for today's project (because it is so stinkin' cute!).

die cutting
I die cut my card base from cardstock (note the score and cut lines on the card front - these are for placement of your layered pieces. It makes it very easy to see where everything goes).

Next I die cut my pieces. I used a 6" x 6" pad of papers for my project. I often use scraps for die cutting my layer pieces. (I got ahead of myself when taking pictures and added the shading on the base with a marker.)

After die cutting, I added some simple polka dots to give a little more texture.

I sponged the edges of all my pieces and then used a Post-it note mask to create the shadows on the frosting.

Here is the frosting piece after I was finished.

Assemble the card and add a bow... ta da! A very cute cupcake card.



ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Premium Die Ink by Stephanie Barnard (Chocolate)
paper: Echo Park Paper Co (Winter park Collection)
cardstock: Discount Cardstock (Brilliant White)
ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon

Does this cartridge have you thinking about Birthday Parties?  Be sure to check out our gallery of Birthday Party themed projects at Sizzix.com!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I'm totally lifting your shading technique! Thanks, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this card. So darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhhhmmmmmm ... some serious 'enabling' happening with this cute project! LOL

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...