Monday, November 12, 2012

Die Cutting Paper: Christmas Carry All Box

Hi everyone, Jan here today to share my project of the month.  When I saw this Sizzix Carry All Box die by Basic Grey, I knew there would be so many different ways to use it.  What I didn't realize though, was that it comes with two bonus embossing folders!  I didn't end up using either on this project, but I am in love with the snowflakes one; you will being seeing that one used soon!  I ended up making two, so here's the first one:

This box measures 3 7/8" x 4" x 2" when completed, a great size for a small gift.  It could be filled with small chocolates, candies, or even a gift card.  Wouldn't these be great for wedding favors?
I decorated my box with Tim Holtz's Mini Snowflake Rosettes die cut from POW glitter paper and the swirls and bits are die cut from Tim Holtz's Festive Greenery Decorative Strip.

After die cutting my box pieces, I inked the edges before assembling the box.

die cutting
The mini snowflakes rosettes are easy to assemble.  Fold as shown in this photo.  Adhere the two ends together to form into a circle, flatten, and glue the center snowflake on top.  I find that a hot glue gun works the best to glue these rosettes together, it's fast and they never come undone!  I added a small self-adhesive pearl in the center, inked my festive greenery, and glued everything to the box.  I added a small pearl swirl to my cluster.

I couldn't stop at making one, so here's my next one:
I used Basic Grey's Aspen Frost collection for both of these boxes.  To decorate this box, I die cut two poinsettia's with the Tim Holtz Mini Poinsettia movers and shapers.  After die cutting I inked the edges, and attached the two pieces with a brad (I did two flowers).  I also die cut the cardinal from this die out of red cardstock and coated it with Rock Candy Crackle paint.  I used the rest of my greenery from the Festive Greenery Decorative Strip.

Once I had everything glued onto my box, I highlighted my greenery and poinsettias with Crystal Stickles for a little sparkle.  I also added a bit of ribbon to this one.

These were so simple and fun to make, I think I'm going to make these for my dinner table at Christmas with each person's name on it and a treat inside!
Hope you enjoyed my tutorial, thanks for stopping by!

Jan

die cutting supplies



paper: BasicGrey Aspen Frost Collection- Strudel, Open Sleigh, Cherried Noses; American Crafts POW Glitter Paper
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Evergreen Bough
paint: Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint- Clear Rock Candy
embellishments: Ranger Ink Ice Stickles- Crystal; brads; ribbon

We have more great ideas for gift packaging that could add a great touch to your holiday gifts!  Check them out in the idea gallery on Sizzix.com.
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. That looks like such a useful die. I love the Aspen Frost too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both totally gorgeous! I love the birch bark box especially - beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty boxes Jan! Fabulous details and I love that birch paper, it was perfect for the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both soooo cute and useful too. Great job, I am sure I couldn't choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! LOVE this Cute Little Box...it went straight to my Wish List Love Love Love these Creations......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone would love to get a little gift wrapped up in your gorgeous packages. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...