Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cupcake Christmas Tree

Hi everyone- so are you all feeling the holiday spirit? I'm getting there- had to put on my winter coat today!

I am seeing crafty holiday trees everywhere. Here's a version I made using my ScoreBoards Cupcake Holder die.




I had cut some green paper cupcake holders for a party and had leftovers. Did you know you can use ScoreBoard dies to cut paper as well as matboard? The dies will cut the paper but not score it.
  1. Cut 14 paper cupcake wrappers using the Cupcake Holder die.
  2. Trim one segment off each end (the ones with holes).
  3. Use a blending tool or stencil brush to rub green ink around the bottoms of the scallops.
  4. Overlap the end section of each cupcake on top of another and double stick tape them together. Repeat for all segments.
  5. Pin one end to the bottom of a 10" STYROFOAM™ cone and start wrapping the long scalloped section around the cone.
  6. Pin in place when the tree is even. Take some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste and dab on the tree randomly to look like snow. Add crystal glitter on top of the embossing paste. I also added some spray snow. 
  7. Cut four birds from the Birds & Butterflies set out of watercolor paper and ink all with red. Outline with silver pen. Add crinkle wrap to a small grapevine wreath to form a nest. Place nest on top of tree. Lay a toothpick in between layers three and four of the bird and tape into place. Use toothpick to secure bird to top of cone.
 








If you like this, stop by my blog later this week to see another project in the works... loving trees!

Eileen
 
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. I love this tree Eileen! Such a great idea to use the Cupcake holder to make a tree. Love the snow you created too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna- Karin! I appreciate your comment considering you are the master of all techniques :-)

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! Now I need to get this die asap! Love it Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen- it's an oldie but goodie. Thanks for RTing this too!

      Delete
  3. this is beautiful!!! I want to make several for my mantel to display this year. thanks for sharing this great idea! love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, let me know if you have pics- would love to share on my blog!

      Delete
  4. quite simply...
    I LOVE THIS...
    any time something can be used in multiple ways, I'm impressed.

    I might be prejudice...but I LOVE the snow too!
    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, the snow steals the show for sure :-) Thanks for making such cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so creative -- what a clever way to use your cupcake die! The tree is adorable! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon- couldn't do it without a good STYROFOAM base :-)

      Delete
  7. How fabulous! Gotta put the die on my want-it list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's even on sale for $23.99! http://www.sizzix.com/product/656142/sizzix-scoreboards-xl-die-cupcake-holder-ruffle :-) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  8. What a cute project and so creative. Thanks for the fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fab idea for the cupcake die Eileen - thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...