Hi everyone- so are you all feeling the holiday spirit? I'm getting there- had to put on my winter coat today!
I am seeing crafty holiday trees everywhere. Here's a version I made using my ScoreBoards Cupcake Holder die.
I had cut some green paper cupcake holders for a party and had leftovers. Did you know you can use ScoreBoard dies to cut paper as well as matboard? The dies will cut the paper but not score it.
- Cut 14 paper cupcake wrappers using the Cupcake Holder die.
- Trim one segment off each end (the ones with holes).
- Use a blending tool or stencil brush to rub green ink around the bottoms of the scallops.
- Overlap the end section of each cupcake on top of another and double stick tape them together. Repeat for all segments.
- Pin one end to the bottom of a 10" STYROFOAM™ cone and start wrapping the long scalloped section around the cone.
- Pin in place when the tree is even. Take some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste and dab on the tree randomly to look like snow. Add crystal glitter on top of the embossing paste. I also added some spray snow.
- Cut four birds from the Birds & Butterflies set out of watercolor paper and ink all with red. Outline with silver pen. Add crinkle wrap to a small grapevine wreath to form a nest. Place nest on top of tree. Lay a toothpick in between layers three and four of the bird and tape into place. Use toothpick to secure bird to top of cone.
If you like this, stop by my blog later this week to see another project in the works... loving trees!