Hello everyone! Today, I have some "sweet/shabby" Halloween treat bags and a bonus place card to share with you. These little gems are so easy to assemble. So, with that being said, I don't have a lot of "how to" pictures... just the assembled pictures to walk you thru because they ARE THAT EASY!
To make the bags, die cut four Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - In The Bag from kraft cardstock. After die cutting, assemble the bags by folding along scored lines. Place a piece double back tape or adhesive along the edge of the folded flap on the side of bag and adhere. Fold the flaps in on bottom of the bag.
I decided that I wanted to make some handles so, I cut two 5 1/2" pieces of hemp cording and adhered them inside the bag. I suggest using a product like Beacon Adhesive for things like this, it is a very strong hold.
For the two bags above, die cut two tabs (with the window) from the Tiny Tabs & Tags Die and from the Sizzix Scoreboards Die, Place Card & Flowers, die cut two larger flowers from felt and two smaller flowers from patterned paper. Cut two pieces of patterned paper to fit the front of each bag, stitch around them if desired and adhere to the front of bags. Adhere the digital images to the center of the patterned paper.
Place word stickers behind the window of the tabs and adhere the front of the tab along the edge of the digital image, then fold the tab and adhere to the inside of the bag and staple just below the window using a tiny stapler. Adhere lace to the bottom portion of bag. Hand stitch the leaf and adhere to the bottom left corner of bag. Adhere the flowers to the leaf and add buttons. Adhere resin embellishments as shown in the photo. Wrap a piece of jute string around the top portion of bags and tie into bow.
The next two bags, you will follow the same steps as above except, you will not have the little window tabs at the top of the bags (unless you are like me, I like them so much that I wished I had used them on the other two too!) and the lace will be adhered behind the image rather than on top of the image.
I threaded a Tim Holtz metal embellishment onto the jute string before wrapping it around the bag. Fill with treats and you will be the hit of the party!
I could not resist making a little place card to set on the table in front of the bags... just a bonus for you.
- Using the Sizzix Scoreboards Die, Place Card & Flowers, die cut the base from black Mat Board.
- Die cut the leaf from green felt and one larger flower from patterned paper.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the front of place card. Cut the corners with a corner rounder punch, stitch and adhere to the front of card.
- Using the Word Play Die, die cut from felt the word "Candy" from black felt. Adhere the felt letters to the card.
- Adhere the larger flower to the center of the flower at the top.
- Adhere a circle resin frame with a word sticker in the center to the center of the flower.
- Hand stitch the leaf and adhere to the back of the card.
- Adhere the "Happy Halloween" sticker on the letters as shown in photo.
surfaces: kraft cardstock; pattern paper; assorted printed ephemera
embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Plaquettes; felt; buttons; hemp cording; jute string; assorted embellishments
tools: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tiny Attacher
adhesive: double sided tape