Friday, October 19, 2012

Die Cutting Paper: Celebrate Card & Framelits Storage!

Hi everyone! I have an scallop card for you today using a 565431 Movers & Shapers Pro die (A6 & Cupcake) and 657919 Words & Tags Framelits/stamp set card. This is one of my favorite card dies. It's a Movers & Shapers die so you can either leave it plain like I did on this card or have fun cutting shapes into the card with one of the many Sizzix Movers & Shapers magnetic dies. You can see all the Movers & Shapers base dies and magnetic dies HERE.

die cutting
I cut the card base from blue cardstock with my Big Shot Pro and Premium Crease Pad (comes with the Big Shot Pro package).

I cut an additional card front (just up to the crease line) from patterned paper and attached it to my card.

After die cutting both pieces it is time to decorate! I chose the 657919 Words & Tags Framelits/stamp set from Stephanie Barnard because I adore the teeny flowers.

I stamped the flowers and then cut using the 657435 Big Shot Pro Solo Platform, Shim & Wafer Thin Die Adapter (not included with the Big Shot Pro). the Solo Platform & Shim easily makes all Sizzix components thinner than a Bigz Die compatible with the Big Shot Pro Machine. The Solo Wafer-Thin Die Adapter allows you to use Framelits as well as other brands' thin dies in the Big Shot Pro Machine.

Next I stamped and die cut the label shape.

Here is a close up look at placement of all the die cuts and my stamped sentiment. I added a pretty ribbon to finish off my card.

While I had a Framelits/stamp set out I thought I'd show you how I store my sets. I love these 654452 Storage Envelopes from Sizzix.

I trim part of the original packaging for reference (having the colored images for my not so young eyes helps to identify quickly).

This is the back. It has a nice snap closure. Check out the cute scallop edge!

You can easily fit two Framelits sets in one envelope. These also work great for the Framelits shape sets and embossing folders. I keep my envelopes in a small basket.


die cutting


ribbon: May Arts
cardstock: Bazzill
pattern paper: The Paper Loft
adhesives: Scotch, 3M

Looking for more cardmaking ideas?  Sizzix.com has over 1,000 card making ideas featuring  die cutting with Sizzix products.  To see them all, click here: Sizzix Cardmaking Ideas.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne, I love your card! Every time you make something, I feel like I'm seeing products I didn't know I wanted, but I do now! I love the way the Framelits make the stamping pop. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, and the envelopes are a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...