Friday, September 7, 2012

Stamp2Cut Mini Halloween Trio Card

This card is so quick and simple but packs a lot of of fun punch!  I really love the way it turned out with a vintage but graphic style.

To create this card, I created a card base using black Kraft Core cardstock.  I used square Framelits dies to die cut three black squares and one slightly larger square mat from orange Kraft Core.  After die cutting the squares, I sanded the edges of the squares to expose the core and then added a bit of Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges of the orange square.  I adhered one of the black squares in the center of the large orange square.  I adhered the assembled piece to the center of my card.

To embellish the center of the square I added two bats that were cut using the Stamp2Cut #22 cartridge with my eclips.  The bats (from the Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints stamp set) were stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink on Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper.  I used an ink blending tool with Black Soot and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to add color to the bats.  The two bats were adhered together in the center leaving the wings free to add dimension.

On the left side, I adhered one of the black squares to the card front next to the large orange square.  To embellish the square, I stamped and cut two skulls using different cutting options for both to add dimension and detail.  Each piece was colored with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  I added a touch of yellow to the teeth with a Scattered Straw Distress Ink Marker.

On the right side, I the third black square with a stamped web and spider, both cut using Stamp2Cut.  The pieces were colored with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

Below the square, I added the word "Boo" die cut from orange Kraft Core using the Tim Holtz Alphabetical Sizzlits Strip Die.  After die cutting the letters, I sanded them lightly and added Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges.

die cutting
By die cutting my stamped pieces with Stamp2Cut and the eclips I was able to add detailed stamped elements that gave my card great details and dimension while being super quick to create.



die cutting

Surfaces: Ranger Ink Specialty Stamping Paper; Coredinations Kraft Core- Black
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous- Mini Blue Prints CMS136
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Antique Linen; Ranger Ink Archival- Jet Black
Markers: Tim Holtz Distress Markers- Scattered Straw
Tools: Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool; Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Standing Grip
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card Tammy!!
    I love the combinations of stamping and Stamp2Cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the pop of orange on the central square and on the Boo. Fabulous Halloween creation . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...