Thursday, September 6, 2012

Journey Tag

Hello everyone!  Ronda here today sharing with you a tag I created using lots of wonderful dies and texture fades. I am going to show you with a few simple touches how change the ordinary into extraordinary.

I started with a painted tag, just a few simple swipes across the background.  Next I grabbed Tim Holtz's Honeycomb texture fade and sprayed it with some stream Colorwash spray. 

 I  used the raised side and pushed the sprayed fade into the tag, finger walking around the fade pushing the onto the tag. 

 I love how it looks on the background.  By pushing some areas harder than others you get the variations on the background.

Next I used walnut ink and rubbed it into the tag to give it a bit of a distressed look. I love how the brown ink really made the blues pop. 

I love tissue paper, especially when I can turn it into a great embellishment with the help of Eileen Hull's 3-D fringed flower die

After I die cut multiple tissue paper pieces, i spritzed them with some spray ink to give them a little color.  I stacked the fringed tissue paper die cuts on top of one another and put a fabric brad in the center.

I used Tim Holtz's Mini Hearts set to die cut 5 hearts.  I love the variety of colors found in this patterend paper set.  It was the perfect combination for this tag.  I used some distress ink around the edges to make them pop. 

Next I die cut multiples of Tim Holtz's Mini Tickets.  I inked the edges and stacked them on top of each other.  On the smallest tag I used 3-D adhesive to pop it up from the rest.

I curled the sides of the hearts to make them pop against the tag. I also added in a date stamped image on the background and stitched around the entire tag.

I love the feel of this tag.  It has that old world charm to it.  The popped up ticket looks great with the fringed flower.   




Patterned Paper: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Lost & Found Paper Stash; Jillibean Soup Staples II; tissue paper
Surfaces: manila tag
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous- Ultimate Grunge
Mists: Ranger Ink Adirondack Color Wash -Stream, Dylusions-  Pure Sunshine
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut Distress Ink; Ranger Ink Archival- Jet Black
Fiber: Maya Road Twine Cording
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thank you so much!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the unique way you use Sizzix stuff - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda always does the best tutorials! What a great creation - simple and powerfully inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...awesome tag Rhonda, gorgeous colours, that blue is lush, super tip with the ink sprayed inside the texture fade and the hearts are so cute...a great tag with great colour & great technique, loVe it...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this tag! Thanks for the great, clear instructions....I SHALL be lifing this idea for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the little tutorial. I love this tag and hope to get more creative myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the technique; I am definitely going to try it. Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the tips!

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...