Sunday, September 9, 2012

Faux Letterpress Tags

Eileen here... I love using my Textured Impression folders. They give me a lot of bang for the buck. I also love the look of letterpress and decided to experiment with inks on my folders.

A while back, I was lucky enough to find a box of 500 manila tags for $5 in an Xpedx paper store. They came with wires attached. I don't really use them so I just trimmed them off.

Out came the inks! I experimented with a variety of stamp pads and wound up going with my StampinUp! pads. They seemed to give the most consistent results.

  1. Ink the front and back sides of the Textured Impressions folder by rubbing the pad directly on the raised sections of the folder. It is helpful to select folders that do not have large areas of open space- otherwise the ink tends to move into spaces you would like kept white. If that happens you can take a q-tip or soft cloth and wipe off.
  2. Position the tag inside the folder and close it.
  3. Make your sandwich and run it through the Big Shot. Remove and let dry for a couple of minutes. To clean, run under water and wipe dry.
  4. Score tag where desired to make a pocket. I used washi tape to wrap around the tag and form the pocket.
  5. Add a sentiment (Congratulations- this was a pic of the day my daughter and SIL got engaged). Ink edges. Add heart, ribbon, buttons and other embellishments. Tuck photo in pocket.
In the samples  I stapled the tags closed. I love having a ring of pockets I can use for gift card holders, journaling pockets for layouts and pages for mini-albums all done and ready to go.

What would you put inside these pockets? 

Thanks for stopping by!

Eileen


Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Is beautiful, cute.. greetings from Apure- Venezuela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Eileen! You got wonderful results with the letterpress technique and the pocket is awesome. Love the layered heart and buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! So pretty! I love this, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT idea...going to give it a try!
    creative Wishes,
    Clair S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Eileen. I love tags, pockets, and letterpress. Now I want to go make some letterpress tag pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tags, love the impressions that you achieved from the inks. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try this technique...like maybe tonight!:-)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...