Friday, September 14, 2012

Die Cutting Paper: Just Saying Hello Card Tutorial

Hey everyone! Gretchen here bringing you another fun tutorial. Today I’m using a Scallop Rectangle Framelit, the Pop `n Cut insert "Hello” and several other awesome Sizzix dies.

I wanted to create a horizontal card so I cut my paper, folded it in half to make my card base, and when it was time to cut the PNC insert in, I just made it a bit shorter. I chose not to use the PNC base die to create my card base because it creates a vertical card (which is awesome!) but this time around I was going for a different look to accommodate the frame I was wanting to use.

Start with a card base that is 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”. Glue down a piece of coordinating patterned paper that is 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” into the center of your card base. Use the Mini Scallop & Pinking On The Edge die on green cardstock to die cut the grass. Trim the grass so it is 1-1/4” x 4-3/4”. Glue down onto the bottom of your patterned paper.

Use the largest Scallop Rectangle Framelits die to die cut a frame out of white. Use the Dots & Flowers Textured Impressions Set (specifically the Dots in this case) to add some texture to your frame.

Glue the frame down onto your card front.

Stamp a large bike onto white cardstock, die cut the bike using the coordinating Framelits die that comes with the Bicycle Framelits Die Set with Stamps.

Glue bike down to the front of your card. Cut three flowers using the Hello Sizzlits set and glue down to the front of your card. Add a gem into the center of each flower. To finish off the front, use the Chip Block Alphabet Sizzlits set to cut out “just saying” and glue onto the front of your card as shown.

For the inside of your card, insert your PNC Hello insert into the base die making sure your tick marks line up. Use a piece of cardstock that matches your card base color and cut it to 6-3/4” x 4”. Center cardstock over your PNC die and run it through your machine. Fold PNC according to package instructions and adhere inside your card.

Use the Hello Sizzlits set to die cut a “hello” out of white cardstock. Lay sentiment inside your Dots Textured Impressions Embossing folder and run through your Big Shot machine.

Glue down your textured “hello” to your PNC Hello.

Finish off the inside of the card by hand cutting some clouds (I cut the clouds out of the patterned paper I chose to use) and cut three more flowers from the Hello Sizzlits set. Glue flowers down and add gems to the center of each flower. Outline inside of card if desired.

You now have a sweet card to give to a friend! :-)



InLinkz.com

Patterned Paper: Echo Park Sweet Day – Up, Up and Away; unknown - yellow paper
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics: White Classic, Lagoon, and Parakeet
Embellishments: My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy – True Blue Bling
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! So many fun parts of this card. Great die cutting! Love the hello, bike and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I was a little confused at first with the instructions.....

    "I wanted to create a horizontal card so I cut my paper, folded it in half to make my card base, and when it was time to cut the PNC insert in, I just made it a bit shorter."

    Then I realized it was a typo and should read "put" instead of "cut"! :) REally loving the ease of the pop-up dies....i'm terrible at math and if i tried to construct an interactive element, no one would want to receive it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...