Monday, September 24, 2012

Die Cutting Paper: Happy Halloween Wall Pocket


Hi everyone!  Halloween is by far one of my most favorite holidays to create for.  I think I could create Halloween goodness all year round and never get tired from it.  The fact that Halloween is right around the corner makes it that more special.

When I saw the "Hanging Bag" Big Pro Die, I wanted it on the spot and I wanted to give it a Halloween "makeover".  I hope you enjoy what I made and below I've included some step-by-step photos to help you in creating your own.

To make this Halloween Wall Pocket, you will need the following dies from Sizzix for die cutting paper and mat board: Hanging Bag Big Pro Die, Mini Paper Rosettes, and Bewitching Hour.  You will also need a Sizzix Big Shot Pro die cutting machine, because the Hanging Bag Die is a big die and it will only fit through the Big Shot Pro.

die cutting
Die cut mat board and pattern paper using the Hanging Bag Big Pro Die.  After die cutting, fold where the creases are.

 Adhere the papers to the mat board using red-line tape or a strong permanent adhesive.

 After the papers are adhered to the mat board, distress all the sides using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

After distressing, you can fit the pieces together...and here's the cool part, just a couple of brads secures the two pieces together, so easy!

For the "pumpkin" rosettes, I used the mini paper rosettes die and orange pattern paper.  I secured the ends with hot glue and glued them down on a small square of scrap cardstock.  When finished, distress them, spray them lightly with spray adhesive, and then sprinkle with coarse glitter.

Adhere a Halloween bingo card and little white fence to the pocket.

Adhere your "pumpkin" rosettes to the fence using hot glue, and top with a floss-tied button.  Then beneath the wooden fence, I adhered a little handmade crepe paper fringe for a fun vintage look.  

Die cut a bat from chipboard or scrap mat board using the "Bewitching Hour" die.  After die cutting, paint the bat black and adhere it to the "pumpkin" rosette using a small dab of hot glue.

Next it's on to finishing your pocket!  To finish I simply cut a piece of heavy gauge wire to my desired length and threaded it through the pre-made holes and twisted the ends.

I adhered two orange gingham bows to the corners of the pocket using hot glue.

And that's it!  It's finished!  Fill it with some fillers of your choice.  I used some spanish moss and some fun "Fall" berries and a couple of candy-corn candy sticks.

I hope you all enjoyed my project!  This was so much fun to make, and this "Hanging Bag" die has already become one of my favorite dies, I just love it and you will too!


die cutting equipment


Patterned Paper: K&Co
Printable: Halloween bingo die cut downloaded from Iralamija
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
Paint: acrylic paint- black
Ribbon: Making Memories- orange gingham
Embellishments: Martha Stewart- coarse glitter
Adhesive: spray adhesive; hot glue; red line tape
Misc: buttons; embroidery floss; white crepe paper; heavy gauge wire, brads, filler of choice
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. So cute--I love the rosette die...might need to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible!! I'm so jealous that you have the Pro - that Hanging Bag die is seriously cool and you've turned it into the perfect Halloween decor piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Hilary! You make me want a Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great die and beautifully decorated. I can see making one for each holiday/season!!! Thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Every time those Pro dies are used, that machine calls my name just a little bit louder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! wow this is just gorgeous,amazing detail and such a perfect make- love it all.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...