Friday, August 31, 2012

So Spooky! Tim Holtz Bell Jar + Stamp2Cut Card

The second I saw the new Tim Holtz Bell Jar die (shipping in September) I knew right away that I needed to make a Halloween card with a creepy skull under the glass dome.  As luck would have it, the brand new Tim Holtz stamps released also at the summer CHA show included a skull sized perfectly for the bell jar!
  
To begin my card, I cut a piece of Specialty Stamping Paper to fit my card which I created from kraft cardstock.  I stamped spider webs and spiders on the stamping paper using Black Soot Distress Ink.    While the ink was wet, I added clear embossing powder to the ink.  I heat set the powder.  Using embossing powder gave the card added dimension and shine.

Along the edges I used an ink blending tool to add Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges of the white stamping paper.  Before attaching the white stamping paper to my kraft card, I added black ink to the edges of the kraft cardstock also.

To add more texture and shine, I brushed more Black Soot Distress Ink onto the edges of the white stamping paper, raking the edge of my ink pad directly onto the stamping paper.  While the ink was wet, I sprinkled clear embossing powder onto it, which I melted using a heat tool.

I die cut the base for the bell jar from manila cardstock.  I inked a woodgrain stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and stamped the base.  After drying the stain, I added Walnut Stain Distress Ink with an ink blending tool over the entire piece.  I finished the base by adding Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges of the base.

For the skull, I stamped the mini skull on Specialty Stamping Paper using Jet Black Archival Ink.  I colored it with inks and markers and then cut it out using the coordinating Stamp2Cut cartridge.  To give the skull a base to sit on, I die cut a piece of manila cardstock using the Branch Tree die.  I inked the branch with Distress Inks.

Finally, to top the skull and the wooden base, I die cut the bell jar from a scrap of shrink plastic.  I brushed the edges of the plastic with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and Jet Black Archival Ink.  I adhered it to my card front using clear tape red line tape to hold it securely in place.

I love how cool and spooky this card turned out.  I love how the clear bell jar top adds such a fun element to projects.  Trust me, this one needs to be on your wish list! 



InLinkz.com

Surfaces: Ranger Ink Specialty Stamping Paper, Manila Cardstock, Shrink Plastic; Tim Holtz Coredinations Kraft Core Cardstock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Antique Linen; Ranger Ink Archival- Jet Black
Stain: Tim Holtz Distress Stain- Vintage Photo, Brushed Pewter
Markers: Tim Holtz Distress Markers- Scattered Straw
Embossing Powder: Ranger Ink Embossing Powder- Clear
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous- CMS140 Mini Halloween 3, CMS126 Wallpaper and Wood
Tools: Ranger Ink Heat It Craft Tool, Nonstick Craft Sheet, Ink Blending Tool
Adhesive: Therm O Web SuperTape, SuperStik
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Ok, that bell jar is seriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Tammy! The embossing was a great extra touch. Love that bell jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great concept.So much creativity job.I appreciate your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, Tammy!! The wood grain stamp on the bell jar stand is so perfect. I am going to go crazy until I get that die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first love from the new release also.Alas guess what absent minded senior citizen bought the wrong new stamp set to fit the jar? So now you need to make something spooktacular with the Apothecary stamp set for me to emulate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Tammy! Love that jar die, so many possibilities:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, I just adore this card....can't wait to get my hands on that bell jar die cut...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great project..so many possibilities to print it..one and easy to do for them is plastic card printing.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...