Sunday, August 19, 2012

Love Story Wedding Decor

Recently Sizzix Art Department designer Debi Adams' daughter Lauren was married in a fairy tale wedding ceremony.  As I looked through the photos I couldn't help but ooh and ahh out loud.  Debi's amazing style and creativity showed through in so many amazing touches.  And being such an amazing Sizzix artist, there were a lot of Sizzix creations at both the wedding and reception.  One in particular, the centerpiece for the head table at the reception was just absolutely amazing.  I had to share it with you all here and asked Debi to tell us more about it.

Hi everyone! Happy to say I’m alive and well and on the other side of my daughter’s wedding! Woot, woot! This was the first wedding in our family but the third daughter out of four, so I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me. However, it doesn’t look like there is another one on the horizon for a while. Thank goodness because I need a vacation!

Anyway, it was an absolutely fabulous day. The weather was fantastic and the venue beautiful. Just wanted to give you a little bit of what the decorations were like. Of course, being a Sizzix artist allowed me the opportunity to have everything at my fingertips to create this project!

This photo is a shot of the head table. I purchased a very large dictionary at a garage sale (as most of you know I’m a big garage saler!) and opened it to the center. I used the Bigz Pro dies, 3-D Rosettes & 3-D Rosettes #2, to form the roses. I embellished the little cluster of arrangements with brown coffee filters, doilies, vintage leaves, vintage flowers and old lace. The letters were die cut from the Serif Essentials dies and embellished with german glass glitter. They stood upright on the book and were balanced by and glued to small pieces of foam. Easy, peasy and relatively inexpensive! It was definitely the look we were going for.

Debi

InLinkz.com

Cardstock: Gray for letters; white and ivory for flowers
Surfaces: Coffee Filters; Paper Doilies
Trims: Lace; Ribbon
Embellishments: German Glass Glitter; Vintage Leaves and Flowers
Adhesive: Hot Glue Gun
Misc: Foam
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! I love the sparkly words Love story addition as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! This is absolutely beautiful! Sorry gal's, it makes this 24 year married gal want to run right out and have another wedding for herself. LOL!!! This is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just gorgeous....hope you're gonna share more of your wedding decor with us.

    Hugz

    Shamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi- this is just beautiful! What a great idea... I have 2 daughters left that aren't married yet- will keep this in mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Love the "love story"! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...