Tuesday, August 28, 2012

High Flying Owl!

Hi everyone! I'm filling in for Stephanie Barnard today with a shaped card project that features the
57694 Sizix Bigz Owl #2 from new Happi Baby die line from Dena Designs and the 657581 Sizzix Framelits Die/stamp set Kites from Stephanie Barnard. These dies all worked together so perfectly!

I grinned the whole time I was putting this card together.  I Love it when a plan comes together. :)


Instructions:

  1. Cut Sunflower cardstock 10" x 5”. Score and fold at 5". 
  2. Line up the fold of the card so it is just under the point of the ears on the die cut line.
  3. Cut patterned paper for the owl's body and wings. Sponge edges with brown ink.
  4. Adhere patterned paper to the front of the card.
  5. Die cut eyes from white and black cardstock. Attach to card.
  6. Stamp and die cut kite from patterned paper twice.
  7. Die cut cloud from white cardstock twice. Attach one cloud behind kite (I used Scotch tape).
  8. Add wire with Scotch tape to cloud and kite with Scotch tape. I bent the wire so it would go behind the cloud and kite. Cover the back of die cuts with extra cloud and kite die cuts (to cover up the wire).
  9. Attach wire to owl under where the left wing will be placed with a little piece of tape. Adhere wing over wire, attach other wing.
  10. Die cut kite tails from purple cardstock. Attach to card.





Cardstock: DiscountCardstock.com Sunflower 80#, Soot 80#, Neenah Solar White 80#
Patterned paper: Basic Gray (retired)
Ink: Clearsnap Premium Die Ink (Chocolate, Licorice)
Wire: Flower Soft
Adhesive: Scotch tape
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Awwww...this turned out super cute! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Jeanne! I love the suspended kite/cloud. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo Cute, Jeanne! I have this die and it's been sitting on my desk for days and hasn't even touched paper yet. I know, its a total crime!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the owls and i'll pin it! but.... I think It could be good put a step by step photos, 'cos it's really beautifull and would be more visual and easy to make, well I think so, It's perfect!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...