Monday, August 13, 2012

3-Tiered Keepsake Box Tutorial

Hello Blogosphere! It's Tiffany here with another fun Design Team tutorial! Today, I'm using the brand-spankin' new die from Eileen Hull, the Candy Drawer Scoreboards XL Die, to make a pretty keepsake giftbox fit for a princess!

To begin, die-cut and trim all the necessary pieces. You must use the Little Sizzles Mat Board Sheets to create this sturdy keepsake box. Die cut 3 of each design using the Little Sizzles Mat Board Sheets. I used my Sizzix Vagabond and it cut like buttah baby! Trim 2-4 3/4" x 2 1/2" rectangles, 1-2 1/2" x 2 1/3" rectangle, and 3-1 1/3" x 2 1/3" rectangles. I used Coredinations Couture cardstock and Echo Park Paper's Springtime patterned paper. 

Now, using Red Line Tape or Scor-Tape, assemble the 3 drawers.

Stack and adhere each of the dresser pieces, excluding the drawers themselves. Cover the fronts of the drawers with patterned paper.

Cover the sides and tops of the assembled keepsake box. This is what it will look like!

Now, take your crop-a-dial and punch the largest hole in the center of each drawer and set with an eyelet. This is where we'll insert the ribbon pulls.

Now, take three lengths of ribbon and create a small loop with a large knot. Insert each ribbon through the finished eyelet. The large knot should keep the ribbon pull from creeping through. To be extra safe, you can secure the knot with some washi tape on the inside!

This is what they'll look like!

Now, you can embellish the keepsake box as you see fit! I used my Sizzix eClips with eCAL & the 3D Bow from SVGcuts.com to create my embellishment. And, then I finished it with some long strips of cardstock on the side to look like ribbon and a Prima Marketing Sculpture Flower in purple!

I hope you enjoyed this easy & fun tutorial!



InLinkz.com

Cardstock: Coredinations Couture Cardstock
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Paper Springtime
Tools: Crop-a-Dial
Adhesive: 1/4" Scor-Tape
Others: ribbon from stash, Glue Dots, 3-D Bow SVGcuts.com
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute Tiffany! Love the eyelet and the way you attached the ribbons. Great step-by-step photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany- adorable! I love how you added the sides to keep the stack stable. Great tutorial! Thanks for using ScoreBoards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab project thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Tiffany! Such a sunny and happy project - especially love the sheer ribbon pulls through the eyelets. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much fun looking at the tut. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRECIOSA IDEA. GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR TAN LINDO TUTORIAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a darling project Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing Tiff! I need this die now. Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'D LOVE TO MAKE THE 3 TIERED KEEPSAKE BOX, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I NEED TO DO IT. WHAT IT THE MAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT AND WHAT DIES FROM SIZZIX DO IT NEED? I HAVE MOST OF THEM BUT I NEED YOUR HELP TO LET ME KNOW THE ONE FOR THIS PROJECT. CAN'T YOU JUST TELL ME THE MESUREMENTS OF ALL THE PIECES IN INCHES THEN I CAN CUT THEM BY HAND. I'VE MADE MANY THINGS THAT WAY. YOUR CAN REACH ME AT SCRAPPEGIRLS@YAHOO.COM.
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

    ARLENE HAINDL

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...