Monday, July 23, 2012

Summertime Memories Mini-Album...

Hi everyone!  I love creating mini-albums, they're quick, easy and fun, and usually produce immediate gratification, which is great for me.  It always helps too when you find a product to not only make mini albums quick, but unique as well.  When I spotted this Pocket Page & Tag Bigz Pro Die, I instantly thought of a million little albums I could create with it, so I gave it a try, and boy did it deliver!  I love it and it will certainly become a treasured die in my collection.  Since it's Summertime what better way to showcase this then with a fun and bright vacation album.  When making this I wanted to give it a lot of texture, so I decided on using felt and paper for a more unique look, and it begs to be opened and looked through.  Below I've included some photos to help guide you when making your own.  I hope you enjoy!


Here are the photos of the inside pages, you can click on each image to get a larger view:

Do you notice anything special about the pages?  The all have a pocket, how cool is that? The die also includes a tag which fits in the pocket beautifully and I also decided on using the tag for pages also.  What a fun, fun project this was!  I loved adding photos to the tags, they just beg you to pull at them, and the pockets are the perfect place to keep more photos, trip memorabilia, and journaling. 

For my album you will need the following dies from Sizzix:


You will also need the Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine because the Pocket Page & Tag die will not fit through any other machine except the Big Shot Pro.

Start by selecting your desired materials, I chose felt and paper, then die cut the desired amount of pages you'd like your album to to be.

I wanted my front cover and back cover to be felt and the pages in between to the paper, I also die-cutted a few extra tags to use as additional pages in my album.  I then cut off the bottom scalloped edge of the felted pieces where the crease lines were because I only wanted pocket pages on the inside.  After you cut off the scalloped edge, set it aside, you will use it on your inner pages.

I laid crochet trim and red checked ribbon, (about 18 inches) down, pinned it in place, then sewed the pieces onto the felt.  The red ribbon will act as handles, and the finished result will almost have it looking like a suitcase!

When you begin to sew, make sure the edges of the ribbon and trim are tucked under, then sew only up to the crease in the middle.  Repeat for both sides, sewing the edges of the ribbon.  When you are finished, fold the piece in half and sew around the perimeter the felt.  

For the inner pages, score and fold then lay a piece of scalloped felt, (that you cut off from your covers) and machine stitch it to the front, (I added a bit of glue to keep them together while I stitched them). 

To finish, machine stitch all the way around your pocket.

Here is a photo to show the pocket with tag after it's been stitched:

Once your pages are finished, just embellish them with photos, journaling, tags, buttons, flowers and clips for a truly unique look.  For the back cover, complete the same way as the front cover.

Pin and then stitch...

And then fold and stitch all the way around.

To complete I added some miscellaneous snap rings, and how excited was I to find one green and one red one in my stash! LOL! Embellish the front cover with buttons and a simple chipboard embellishment, then sit back and enjoy your album!

Thank you all so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my project as much as I enjoyed creating it!  Have a wonderful week!



InLinkz.com

Patterned Paper: Simple Stories- Summer Fresh
Stickers: Simple Stories- Summer Fresh
Fabric: Felt- green and red polka dot
Trims: red checked ribbon; ric rac; eyelet trim; crochet trim; red embroidery floss; red and white bakers twine
Embellishments: buttons; 3/16 white eyelets and setter; paper clips; snap rings
Ink: walnut ink
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Hilary, you blow me away. Every single time I see one of your projects my jaw hits the table forcefully. LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have this die and have loved it... but the way you used fabric here opened up a whole new path of FUN! Thank you SO much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great mini album and I love that there are pockets on each page too! Having felt and fabric is so "in" right now and I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun album and such happy colors! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!!!
    and great tutorial too. tfs.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...