Monday, July 9, 2012

Framelits Flower Card

Happy Monday to you! 

Did you know that you can make shaped cards with Framelits dies? It's very easy. Just cut, score and fold your cardstock like you normally do and then line up your Framelit die so that just a smoodge (technical term) of the cardstock at the fold line is just below the cutting edge of the die. If you are using very heavy cardstock you may need to run the die through twice (back and forth through the Big Shot will do the trick!)

Here is a fun example of a shaped card using the 657901 Flower #3 Framelits Die Set.


Here is how I made my card:

I die cut my card using the largest flower die. I die cut a couple smaller flowers for decorating my card.

My cardstock already had texture but I wanted to add a little more zing so I stamped a chevron border multiple times across the front of my card with Colorbox Premium Dye ink Grape.

I  sponged the edges of all the pieces with Colorbox Premium Dye ink Chocolate.

Before I assembled the card I gave the flowers a little more texture by finger pressing the petals to make a slight crease. Add a button and you are done!


InLinkz.com
Stamps: The Stamps of Life - chevrons2stamp
Ink: Colorbox Premium Dye ink Grape, Colorbox Premium Dye ink Choocolate 
Paper: Bazzill Basics- Dotted Swiss Berry Pretty, Smoothies Coconut Swirl
Fiber: The Twinery- Lilac Twine
Misc.: Sponge and button (craft supply)
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love this project - i would like to see some more framelit ideas especially using the fancy ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Bea...really like this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I keep forgetting to use the framelits that way, I'm saving this one as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...