Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Quick Cards with Tim Holtz Minis

Hello!  Tammy Tutterow here with you today to share with you some quick and simple cards I made featuring the new Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Vintage Clock, Vintage Fan, Vintage Globe, and Vintage Typewriter.

For these cards, I wanted to create something simple and quick that followed a formula.  I used a blank white pre-made card with piece of cardstock matted on manila cardstock in the lower corner.  On each piece of cardstock I added a die cut element and stamped sentiment.

To create my die cut elements, I applied metal foil tape over a piece of Grungeboard and then die cut using the selected Movers and Shapers die in a base tray.  I then used a craft knife to cut the foil where I wanted to remove it, for instance, on this piece, I cut along the tops of the bells and around the frame near the hammer, hands, and feet.  After cutting, I peeled away the foil in those places to expose the Grungeboard underneath.  I colored the exposed Grungeboard with Distress Stains to color it as desired.  For the mini clock, I added pattern paper to the back from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stash which has paper that is sized just right for both the mini and large Vintage Clock dies.

On each card, I inked the edge of the white card with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I inked the two layers of cardstock with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  For the mini fan, I die cut a number 1 from the Cargo Stencil Numbers set from Grungeboard.  After coloring the piece with Distress Stain and drying it, I added a layer of Glossy Accents to make it shiny.
On the globe, I removed the foil from the globe area.  I removed the land shape from the die cut and set it aside which coloring the water area with Distress Stain.  After the stain was dry, I added a layer of Glossy Accents to make it shiny.  I die cut an extra land section from manila cardstock.  After coloring it with ink I adhered it to the matching Grungeboard piece.  After the Glossy Accents was dry, I placed the land piece back in place.  It fit in like a jigsaw puzzle piece.
On the typewriter I punched out the small pieces and set them aside.  I cut the foil along the edges of the body of the typewriter by the levers.  I colored the typewriter black with Distress Stain.  After it was dry, I applied Glossy Accents.  After the Glossy Accents was dry, I put the small pieces back in place.
I love how quick and easy these cards were to make!  The mini shapes have so many possibilities for so many different types of cards and notes like these. 




Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard, Lost and Found Paper Stash; Ranger Ink- Manila ATC, Manila Cardstock, Foil Sheets; blank pre-made cards
Stamps: Hero Arts- Printers Type
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Black Soot, Vintage Photo; Ranger Ink- Jet Black Archival
Stain: Tim Holtz Distress Stain: Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Faded Jean
Misc: Ranger Ink Glossy Accents
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I love these cards!!! The foil on the Typewriter is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "old school texting" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I just bought all of these and was needing some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Tammy! "old school texting" ha, ha, ha! Thank You for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...these are just fabby, all gorgeous in their simplicity but my favourite is the old school typewriter, loVe your additional text Tammy...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards Tammy! Love the foil elements. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun and creative! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just too cute! I love the glossy accent touches and different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Argh! I had just talked myself OUT of buying the clock and camera die! I already have the other two (love them) and will definitely be using these terrific ideas. And yes, I will be getting the darn clock and camera die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome idea. I never thought to use my foil in this manner....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these cards in the Tammy style of things! I have the globe and telephone bigz dies. But need the mini's in a bad way! Love the way the clock die coordinates with the clocks in the Lost and Found paper stash. I love you Tammy. Thank you for introducing me to this blog and the other designers.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...