Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pop-up 2torial: Pop 'n Cuts "Flying by" card

Pop 'n Cuts will be available in stores this month, so to help you become familiar with the dies and how they work, I'm going to be posting regular Pop-up 2torials both here and on my blog


Here is the video and then photos and a supply list follow -



On the front of the card, the Flagpole is mounted with pop-dots, to give it some elevation. The slider piece, the heart paper clip and the decorative heart (green) were cut using the Love Sizzlit set.


Inside the card, I used the brand new Bigz Borders & Hydrangeas die, by Eileen Hull, to create the grassy border along the bottom.


The white swirly flourish that's wrapped around the pole is one of the shapes in the Love Sizzlit set.


I love the way this "Flying by" card turned out! It fits easily in an A2 sized envelope, all ready for mailing to a friend.

But I couldn't stop there! With dies you're buying shapes and possibilities, not colors and patterns.

I decided I had to try the card again with a different theme. This time I used some fun rubber stamps from The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard. I also switched out the Borders and Hydrangea die for another new Eileen Hull die, the Sweet Treats for You Sizzlit Set. I followed the same assembly steps as in the video.




Pretty cool, huh? All of these card ideas are just blueprints, waiting for your creative interpretation. What else could be suspended in this type of card? A butterfly? Beads? Charms? So many possibilities!

Be looking for the Pop 'n Cuts collection in stores this month. I can hardly wait!

Thanks for stopping by and happy die cutting!

Karen


 Other Supplies:
Magnets - Basic Grey
Adhesives - Xyron


Flying By Card:
Patterned paper - "Bright Side" - Lawn Fawn
Clear Stamp Set - "Flying By" - Lawn Fawn
Other/Miscellaneous - twine, pop-dots, clear bead string, pop-dots, split rings, black ink

What's the Scoop? Card:
Patterned paper - Dear Lizzy "Neapolitan" - American Crafts
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Clear Stamps - "scream4icecream", "cone2dish", "letters2color", "hello2you" - The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard
Other/Miscellaneous - twine, rhinestones, inks
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Like Bill Murray said to Andie McDowell in Groundhog Day, "WOW." Ok, maybe he didn't say that, but Dan just did. Amazing! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my these are adorable...what a fun fun idea...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! Love all those cute details and the insides are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen...I don't know how you keep 'em coming- these cards just make me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, thank you so much for your videos and information. I am new to Sizzix and find it all so helpful and inspiring. I am really looing forward to getting some of the pop up items. I am a Cricut user orignially with my scrapbooking and cardmaking but sometimes I get really tired of that sticky mat!!(that doesn't stick very well!!) I am looking to get some die cuts to go with my Big Shot.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...