Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bon Voyage Stamp2Cut Tag

Tim Holtz Stamp2Cut for the eclips machine if finally in stores and I am so excited!  I am a huge fan of Tim's stamps and absolutely love the detailed cutting I can get for his stamp images using my eclips with Stamp2Cut.  I have always been pretty handy with a craft knife but the detailed cutting that is possible with Stamp2Cut blows me away.  I think this tag really demonstrates the detail well.

On this tag, the boat image was stamped on plain cardstock and colored before being cut with my eclips.  I love how the boat is cut out perfectly right down to the thin wires and poles.

And the text, can you imagine trying to cut this text out with a craft knife or pair of scissors?  There is no way!  It is so easy with the eclips and Stamp2Cut, it literally took seconds to cut it.

To embellish my tag, I also stamped, colored, and cut the document images from the stamp set.  To make it quick, I stamped all of my images on one piece of cardstock, colored them, made my registration marks for each stamped image, applied the cardstock to my cutting mat, loaded the mat into my eclips and then each image.  Once each piece was cut, I inked the edges of the pieces and adhered them to my prepared tag.  So seriously quick and easy!

The metal effect on my tag in the background was also super easy.  I simply applied a piece of metal foil tape over a manila tag.  I placed the tag in the Riveted Metal Texture Fade embossing folder and ran it through my Vagabond machine (a Big Shot or Big Kick will work as well).

After embossing the design, I removed the tag from the folder and rubbed black archival ink along the edges and raised areas of the design to highlight them.  It is such an easy technique that gives a great look to all types of projects.

I can't wait to start seeing more projects online of featuring the Stamp2Cut system.  If you have any, I would love for you to share them in our Sizzix Flickr gallery for an upcoming edition of our I Spy Saturday!


Surfaces: Ranger Ink- Manila Tag #8, Manila Cardtosk, and Foil Tape; cardstock- cream
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous- CMS129 Artful Voyage
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo; Ranger Ink Jet Black Archival and Inkssentials Opaque Pen- white
Stain: Tim Holtz Distress Stain- Barn Door, Faded Jeans, Chipped Saphire
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clip
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love this Tammy! Wow, the cutting is so precise, and you tag is awesome. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can this be used with a sizzix machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE! Almost makes me wish I didn't have a bundle invested in my other cutting system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have liked everything I have seen made with this system.....I just wish it wasn't so expensive! I would love to add it to my crafting equipment, but $$$.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...