Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Card

Hello, Friends!

I have a confession to make. In all the years I've been a paper crafter, I've only given my Mom one or two handmade cards. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it's the pressure of creating that 'special' card for her. Will she like it? Will she think it's cheesy? Will she wonder why I didn't spend $7 on a store bought card?

Yes, I know. I'm silly. When I have given her a handmade card, she marvels at the time I spent, comments on my creativity and shows it off to everyone by posting it on her refrigerator! ;)

So, I caved this year. I created a Mother's Day card, just for her. Is it a masterpiece? Nah. It's just a card.

But, it's so much more than that.

It's cut from dies that I created, it's stamped with stamps that I designed and it's glued together with my two hands.



Will she love it, I'm pretty sure she will. I bet I'll even see a tear or two.

Will it be worth it? You betcha!

Why don't you cave, and make your Mom a Mother's Day card? I bet she'll even put it on her refrigerator! :)

Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Great card Stephanie, I made both my Mother's Day cards this year and early even :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful card, quite simple but says it all! Mother's Day has been and gone here in the UK (March) and I am always sad that I don't have a Mum to make for anymore. My M-I-L does show off all my cards though, I expect her friends are really sick of hearing about the 'wonderful stuff' I make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card...full of pieces of you, Stephanie! She'll love it! Thanks for sharing it here!
    I don't know what our Mom's would do without Sizzix! lol My Mom is getting an adorable Sizzlit owl on her card!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your Mom is going to love this Stephanie! It is simply beautiful and most importantly, you made it with her in mind.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful card. I can't imagine her not loving it. Good job. I love all your products and videos. Mandee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I have the dies and used them to make more than a dozen Easter cards. The stamp set is on my wish list. Love your "stuff.
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes are welling up just picturing how delighted your mom will be to receive such a wonderful gift from the heart. I have yet to purchase any flip it dies, but they are most definitely on my wish list. Your card is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's simply WONDERFUL...your MOM will LOVE it!!!! Now you must tell us exactly how you made it...LOL!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...